Forum Rebuild Complete!!! iPhone, Android Apps Now Available

Rules, guidelines, announcements, news, etc.

Forum Rebuild Complete!!! iPhone, Android Apps Now Available

Postby Chris Moore » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:01 pm

I am excited to announce that the overhaul of the MOGULSKIING.NET forum is now complete!

As you can see the forum has been updated with a fresh new look and feel. However, the big news is that the forum is now available via apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices. As you may recall, after taking the helm of MOGULSKIING.NET back in August I had stated that making the forum available in a mobile device format was one of my primary goals. I'm very happy to have achieved this first major milestone for the site.

Now on to the specifics. As far as the web based version of the forum goes there should be no changes in functionality, only the look and feel has changed. The mobile device format can be accessed by installing the ForumRunner App onto your device. This app is available in the iPhone and Android app stores. There are two versions available: if you simply want to read the forum you can install the Lite version which is free. If you would like to be able to post from your mobile device you will need the full version which costs $1.99. Note that this app is not specific to MOGULSKIING.NET. If there are other forums that you participate in you may be able to access them via the ForumRunner app as well.

Below is a screen shot of what the forum looks like on an iPhone:

ForumRunner.jpg
ForumRunner.jpg (46.34 KiB) Viewed 2868 times

After installing the app do a search for "mogul skiing" and you should be able to able to find our forum quite easily. Once you tap on the MOGULSKIING.NET Forum don't forget to add it as a favorite.

That wraps it up for now. If you run into any bugs or glitches please PM me via the forum.

Enjoy!

-Chris
Chris Moore
Site Admin

Re: Forum Rebuild Complete!!! iPhone, Android Apps Now Avail

Postby B-Stead » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:48 am

Nice job C-Mo. What about Blackberry users?
B-Stead

Postby Chris Moore » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:07 pm

Thanks B-

Sorry but I have yet to find a satisfactory solution that would address Blackberry and other non iPhone\Android devices. If a good one comes along I'll definitely consider it. Unfortunately Blackberries are in the minority and thus have less third party tools available.

-Chris
Chris Moore
Site Admin

Postby B-Stead » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:58 pm

True. My blackberry is awesome for work and it is free. But for everything else it under-performs.

Anyway, great job in taking over the forum and giving it an upgrade.

B-Stead
B-Stead

Postby B-Stead » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Mo, why doesn't the most-active link show what's most-active? It only shows your forum rebuild. Did you re-write the rules or definitions for active?
B-Stead

Postby Chris Moore » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:35 pm

Thanks for pointing this out B. Looks like some settings reverted back to the defaults during the upgrade. Made adjustments so should be working now. That was my forum admin lesson for today. Let me know if you find any other bugs.

-Chris
Chris Moore
Site Admin

Postby Yoranium238 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:34 pm

Nice work, Chris!
-- Chris from OH
Yoranium238

Return to Official Business