Fearless Forecast

Seen a new snow forecast? Wondering if the corn cycle is at work? Will it get above freezing? HOW MUCH ARE WE GOING TO GET???

All discussion of anything weather or forecast related should be here so that it stops overtaking the skiing forums!

Fearless Forecast

Postby rondo320 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:41 pm

I'm going out on a limb here.
Here is my North American forecast for the 2016 - 2017 season.
Since I'm not a meteorologist, there's a good chance I may be right.
We won't know till May.
East US and East Canada - One of the better seasons and cold.
Midwest - Better than average.
Colorado - Not so good. Steamboat will definitely be better than Telluride which will be particularly dry. Central Colorado will be mediocre to poor with a very slow start.
Utah - Average
New Mexico and Arizona - Take up golf.
Wyoming - Jackson Hole will be pleased with this winter. Better than average.
Northwest US and Southeast Canada - Epic
Last edited by rondo320 on Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rondo320

Re: Fearless Forecast

Postby bendtheski » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:11 am

rondo320 wrote:Colorado - Not so good. Steamboat will definitely be better than Telluride which will be particularly dry. Central Colorado will be mediocre to poor with a very slow start.

Bunk! The A-Basin WROD has already been binding-deep in places! :lol:
Wag more, bark less
bendtheski

Re: Fearless Forecast

Postby rondo320 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:34 pm

I thought my fearless forecast for last year was fairly accurate and better than the pro's. I was a little too optimistic for the east and a little too pessimistic for Colorado. But, I would have been right on for Colorado if it wasn't for the unusually snowy December and January. Late winter and early spring were just disasters with minimal moisture. The season was rescued by the early winter snows.
This year's forecast is similar to last year's with a few exceptions.
East US and East Canada: Great start but you will be cursed by the Sisyphus effect. You'll have some great snows but you'll see your hopes for a super season dashed over and over again by a dismal drizzle followed by hard freezes. However, the east is harder to predict and hopefully I'm wrong.
Midwest: Same as last year, better than average.
Colorado: Similar to last year but forget about the great December and January snowstorms. This will be one of the slowest starts but the spring will be wetter than last year. Again, Steamboat and Winter Park will do better than Telluride. It will be Skistone instead of Keystone through early winter.
Utah: Slightly less than an average season.
New Mexico and Arizona: Sorry, warm and dry.
Wyoming: Slightly better than average.
Northwest US and Southwest Canada: Epic again but watch out for warmer temps than last year which will bring rain and not snow to lower elevations.
California: Extremely slow start but a few decent dumps mid to late season. Northern California will be much better than Southern California.
rondo320

Return to Weather/Forecast Discussion