Opportunity for MS.N'ers to help shape the next mogul ski

This is the place to discuss anything mogul-related that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.

Moderators: SkiDork, bvibert

Opportunity for MS.N'ers to help shape the next mogul ski

Postby BushMogulMaster » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:16 pm

My brother, Tony, and I stumbled into an epic opportunity today. I had brought in a professional photographer to do a summer shoot at the mountain. Turns out this professional photographer builds skis right here in CO. His company, Powder Factory, got its start as an early adopter of fat ski technology. As all the "big names" have moved into that market, he's interested in seeing what other opportunities are out there. He was totally stoked about designing a true mogul ski, and prototyping it this season. He spent about a half hour flexing and inspecting both a pair of Dynastar Twisters, and a pair of F17 WCs this afternoon. He's totally confident we can work together to design a high-performance, durable bump ski.

With that said, this is your chance to have a voice in the design, shape, and qualities of the next great bump ski.

There are multiple topsheet material options, and the graphics are a totally open book. And we're thinking of calling it the "Bumpapalooza".

We already know we want a wood core. He can definitely work with Maple, Ash, and Beech (maybe some others). From his inspection of existing bump skis, and our explanations of the mogul turn, he's already worked out the stiffness pattern (stiffer tip, softer tail, but proportional), and knows about how much camber we need. He knows the basic dimensions and shape.

Let's kick some ideas around.
Founder, Director Emeritus mogulskiing.net

Director of Marketing, IT, & Slope Maintenance (and Mogul Coach) at Cooper, CO

patrick@mogulskiing.net
BushMogulMaster
Site Admin

Re: Opportunity for MS.N'ers to help shape the next mogul sk

Postby bendtheski » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:11 pm

Topsheet graphics should include skull & crossbones, and a bottle of advil.
Wag more, bark less
bendtheski

Return to General Mogul Skiing