PLEASE COMPLAIN ABOUT THE GROOMING OF MARY JANE

This is the place to discuss anything mogul-related that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.

Moderators: SkiDork, bvibert

PLEASE COMPLAIN ABOUT THE GROOMING OF MARY JANE

Postby Blake » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:23 pm

In response to this thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2125&p=14974#p14974

I think that everyone who can SHOULD ABSOLUTELY COMPLAIN about the grooming of Gandy and other runs on Mary Jane....

It is not just Gandy. There are others being groomed that didn't used to be groomed like Derailer and Railbender. While there may not be a "conspiracy" to keep grooming more and more, if you had asked them ten years ago, I am sure that there was no 'plan' then to groom the ones that are getting groomed 'now'.

It's not just the "low angle" runs. Did you guys not notice Railbender and Derailer? Or did you just think that they've always been groomed? Derailer is ALWAYS groomed on it's top half now and it used to ALWAYS be bumps. Railbender is ALWAYS half groomed along it's middle section now while it used to ALWAYS have bumps.

This year for the first time Gandy is being groomed consistently. In recent years they would only groom it once a month or less. Right now, they have consistently groomed it all month. I am sure that two years ago there was no "conspiracy" to start grooming that more either... yet now they're grooming it more.

I am sure that there is no 'set plan' to groom more runs, but I believe they will be slowly adding runs that are groomed on the Mary Jane side. I also believe that because of the direction this sport has been going in there are probably more people what WANT it groomed. I think our only chance is for EVERYONE to complain so that it SEEMS like the number of mogul skiers equals the number of skiers that want it groomed even if there are actually more of the people who want it groomed. The complaints don't even have to be made to just one person, they could be made in a variety of ways to people high up at the resort.

I have heard that they're getting more compliments about the grooming than complaints. I heard it directly from someone in the grooming department.
Blake

Re: PLEASE COMPLAIN ABOUT THE GROOMING OF MARY JANE

Postby BushMogulMaster » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:20 pm

Blake wrote:I have heard that they're getting more compliments about the grooming than complaints. I heard it directly from someone in the grooming department.

Blake - I never said NOT to complain. I said complain for the right reasons. They hear more than enough whiny bitching, and if it comes across that way, they won't pay any heed. Be respectful, be rational. That's all I ask, and that's the ONLY way you'll actually make an impact. Pissing off the people making the decisions isn't going to further the cause.

And what you said tends to be true. They do get lots of compliments when they groom. So if you don't like it, do make your thoughts known. But do it right, or they'll ignore you. And with good reason.
Founder, Director Emeritus mogulskiing.net

Director of Marketing, IT, & Slope Maintenance (and Mogul Coach) at Cooper, CO

patrick@mogulskiing.net
BushMogulMaster
Site Admin

Postby mitch236 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:18 am

I wrote my displeasure on a comment form and sent it in. I was very polite and understanding. You always get more with honey than vinegar!! But everyone on this board who enjoys skiing at Mary Jane should send in a comment form. Just telling the person at the info center isn't enough. People tend to respect the written opinion more than the voiced version.
mitch236

Postby Blake » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:44 pm

I understood that you're trying to help and I think that all of your points are good ones.

...don't worry... I'm just making a really big deal out of the grooming thing because I didn't want anyone to hesitate to say something.

Comment cards sound like a good idea.
Blake

Return to General Mogul Skiing