Real-time Mogul Alerts: East

This is the place to discuss anything mogul-related that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.

Moderators: SkiDork, bvibert

Real-time Mogul Alerts: East

Postby AlpineZone » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:23 am

We had a thread like this on AZ for a while. Let's use this thread to post real-time alerts on where the best lines in the East are. Maybe it's a bit redundant with the TRs, but it might be nice to have one thread to monitor. BMM - if you think this is a stupid idea, feel free to axe it.
Greg
AlpineZone.com - Northeast Skiing
AlpineZone

Re: Real-time Mogul Alerts: East

Postby spetrecky » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:24 pm

good idea. sometimes with bumps, places that are not on your radar turn out to be great for bumps ie. Sundown, and last year Bellayre in NY had a couple weekends that ripped when we had 3 storms in a week and perfect machine made bumps. The only reason I even checked it out was that I caught picture online that was sweet.

Plus we are all spread out. I ski at Hunter alot cuz it is close to NYC, but when the comp season is here, they leave the bump course up for weeks on end. other than that it sucks balls.

I would like to see what everyone else is seeing on their ski trips and encourage people to take cell phone pics to provide proof if some place is going off.
spetrecky

Postby skyline » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:43 pm

Don't know anything about a mogul report but this is the latest snowfall report for Whistler/Blackcomb...
..."418cms have fallen so far, smashing our record for all time snowiest November!! The avalanche danger is currently high to extreme."...

That translates to 13.7 feet and still dumping with 20'' in the last 24 hours. Gonna be a great base for some good early season bumps...eventually In the meantime bring a snorkel...:D
It's not that you can't ski moguls... it's that you can't ski and moguls prove it...
skyline

Postby jsul185 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:45 pm

Great idea, a couple years ago Waterville Valley but in a top to bottom mogul run on a trail called Old Tecumseh. It was on skiers right and only two lanes which was perfect. You had to ski a line or bail out. I bought a season pass and skied all year. They haven't done that since but you never know when resort will put in a great line.
jsul185

Postby B-Stead » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:53 pm

subscribe
B-Stead

Postby B-Stead » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:12 pm

Will there be any bumps in the East on 12/12 ????????????????????
B-Stead

Postby Old School » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:15 pm

Should be at Killington.
Old School

Postby spetrecky » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:51 pm

We we at for sat everyone?
spetrecky

Postby BushMogulMaster » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:07 pm

Ripcord, Spillsville, and Paradise at the Bush just opened with natural snow. That means bumps for the weekend, most likely. Not enough cover to groom them, but plenty for bump skiing!
Founder, Director Emeritus mogulskiing.net

Director of Marketing, IT, & Slope Maintenance (and Mogul Coach) at Cooper, CO

patrick@mogulskiing.net
BushMogulMaster
Site Admin

Postby B-Stead » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:59 pm

Top choices for 12/12 -

1) Killington

- likely to have bumps
- easy to get to for the most part
- we know the mountain
- good beer after

2) Sugarbush

- BMM says there are sweet bumps and will take pictures tomorrow to prove it (will you bush?)
- no other reason

3) Stratton

- Closer to NY for Petrecky
B-Stead

Postby BushMogulMaster » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:42 am

BeastEd wrote:Top choices for 12/12 -

2) Sugarbush

- BMM says there are sweet bumps and will take pictures tomorrow to prove it (will you bush?)
- no other reason

Well, I might be stuck in a snowcat all day rolling some natural snow at Mt. Ellen. But if I get a chance, I'll strap the boards on and see what it's like over there. I will take the camera just in case.

patrick@mogulskiing.net
BushMogulMaster
Site Admin

Postby spetrecky » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:47 pm

Anyone listening out there....

Unfortunately I am stuck at work still doing some bs and it is almost 6 pm on Friday, will probably be here another 3 hours or so...as a result I am staying close to home tomorrow and will ski at Hunter, bumps will probably be limited but the snow looks nice and they have great snow making. If anyone will be there I'll have on grayish pants and twisters, if there is noone that finds me then for the 2nd half of the day i'll let my dick hang out and see if that attracts any additional takers to ski with me.

peace sam
spetrecky

Postby BushMogulMaster » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:49 pm

Stuck in a cat all day today, B-Stead. So no mogul report, sorry.

What I CAN tell you is that we've gotten a legit 3 feet of snow in the past week (thanks to a foot of lake effect last night, plus Wed's storm and random showers here and there), and the skiing is fantastic. They've been dropping ropes left and right. 46 trails for tomorrow.

patrick@mogulskiing.net
BushMogulMaster
Site Admin

Postby B-Stead » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:40 pm

Any good early season bump runs open? And by early season I mean, not paradise or ripcord ... too steep for my first day out.

Though it looks like moonshine and twist are open - those will be awesome I bet. I might make the drive ... hmmm.
B-Stead

Postby BushMogulMaster » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:22 pm

BeastEd wrote:Any good early season bump runs open? And by early season I mean, not paradise or ripcord ... too steep for my first day out.

Though it looks like moonshine and twist are open - those will be awesome I bet. I might make the drive ... hmmm.

It would be worth it, for sure. Lots of good stuff. Twist and Moonshine and the Mall would be some good early season turns. I'd come over and make some turns with you, but I'm playing the organ for a wedding tomorrow....... kills the skiing schedule, but good, quick cash!

patrick@mogulskiing.net
BushMogulMaster
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Mogul Skiing