Real-time Mogul Alerts: East

This is the place to discuss anything mogul-related that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.

Moderators: SkiDork, bvibert

Re: Real-time Mogul Alerts: East

Postby PomfretPlunge » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:08 am

Whitetail, Liberty and Roundtop started snowmaking tonite 11/23. Think Snow :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
PomfretPlunge

Postby chrisar82 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:08 am

Blue Mountain, PA has perfect bumps up, I skied them last weekend, fucking incredible
chrisar82

Postby indiggio » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:41 pm

chrisar82 wrote:Blue Mountain, PA has perfect bumps up, I skied them last weekend, fucking incredible

I ski them every weekend with a passion.

Next few weeks they'll be mad Spring bumps!
indiggio

Postby perplexed » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:48 pm

Just wanted to post an update since mountains in the east have been teetering on edge for pretty much the whole season. Sundown was trying to get something going, but they ultimately closed for the season. I haven't skied Killington recently so I can't comment on that, but I've noticed that out of Stratton, Mount Snow, and Okemo, Okemo's been keeping some really nice bumps up. Sel's was great this weekend and a few weeks ago punchline was mint. They did something with Blackout too last week. I know Stratton usually has some great bumps, but i guess with such low snowpack it's been hard. When i skied there last week, they had a couple shallow lines, but I don't know how built up they can get with the base currently. Okemo really worked in a nice base when they had the opportunity and they've had at least 1 trail with big old lines going for at least the past month. I'm trying to ski Killington soon to see what's going on up there. I heard through the vine the BMMC was moved to Superstar, but I haven't seen any official postings from k about it.
perplexed

Postby savemeasammy » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:51 am

There are some great natural snow bumps at Sugarbush - if you don't mind the occasional dirt patch in your troughs!
savemeasammy

Postby Four Sticks » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:15 pm

Short sections of intermediate trails had small moguls at Hunter on Thanksgiving weekend. Still, it was a nice start for so early in their season. Just prior to Christmas, the expert terrain opened and had big moguls on Upper Crossover.
Four Sticks

Previous

Return to General Mogul Skiing