Hart F17 Classic STs with Look Pivots: $400

This is the place to discuss anything mogul-related that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.

Moderators: SkiDork, bvibert

Hart F17 Classic STs with Look Pivots: $400

Postby getoffmylawn » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:16 am

Update: now willing to let them go for $400 plus actual shipping cost.

I'm selling my 180 Classic STs (flame graphic), bought here 2 years ago, skied one season. Mounted with Look Pivots at +1 for a 340 BSL. Tuned to 1/1, bases are in good shape (might have a nick here and there). They are fun. If you're my size (6'4", 225lb) they are a little soft but definitely still workable.

We had an awful season at my home resort last year and our few bump runs never really came in. Didn't even ski the F17s a single day. They still have the storage wax from March 2015 on them. So they probably have 20-30 half-days total on them (usually ski my AT rig or my race rig mornings until the bumps soften up) from 2014-2015.

I have a strong preference against shipping skis, it's just a pain in my butt. So if you're in New York or New England I can probably be persuaded to come ski your hill for a day and drop them off. If you're further away I am willing to ship but I may wait a bit to see if I get a more local offer first. I would charge the actual cost of packing and shipping in that case -- I get a moderate discount on my FedEx Ground account which I'm glad to pass along to you.
Last edited by getoffmylawn on Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
getoffmylawn

Re: Hart F17 Classic STs with Look Pivots: $500

Postby BPappas » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:00 am

Just a note on the classics. Don't wait for moguls to develope to ski on these. While these have been the best mogul skis ever made they rip all over the mountain. In Colorado unless it's a powder day this is my everyday ski.
BPappas

Re: Hart F17 Classic STs with Look Pivots: $500

Postby getoffmylawn » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:33 pm

They do ski well in all but very deep conditions. Better for someone a little more svelte than I am, but even in fresh stuff -- they work, with appropriate old school technique.

My other skinny skis are basically masters racing "cheaters" that ski just a little better outside the bumps (of course they are not so good in the bumps) so if I'm not just going bumping for the afternoon, that's generally what I reach for. But honestly unless I'm literally running gates, ripping GS turns on ice or there's 4+ inches of new snow, the Classic STs reliably get the job done.

My next experiment is to see if I can detune a spare pair of race skis to get something a little stiffer but bump friendly. If that doesn't work I'll either just have to take off a few pounds or look for a bump ski even stiffer than the Classic ST -- I hear there are some IDOne models that might do it, and that the Twister may be a little stiffer in the tip?
getoffmylawn

Re: Hart F17 Classic STs with Look Pivots: $400

Postby getoffmylawn » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:19 pm

bump.
getoffmylawn

Re: Hart F17 Classic STs with Look Pivots: $400

Postby tc » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:01 pm

Still have these for sale?
tc

Return to General Mogul Skiing