New Member Introductions

Favorite TV shows, latest ingenious discovery in your life, new car, etc. This is place to discuss whatever it is your heart desires. Except... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE... no politics. Take it somewhere else!

Moderators: SkiDork, bvibert

Re: New Member Introductions

Postby mondeo » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:03 pm

I'm Mike/monedo, same name at AlpineZone.

Been skiing for about 16 years now, 12 if you don't count my 4 year hiatus during college (couldn't afford to replace my delamed K2 715s.) Started hacking bump runs about 10 years ago, following the '98 Olympics, on the same run that Jilian Vogtli, Travis Mayer, and Alex Wilson learned on at Holiday Valley. Took up skiing again last year when I could afford skis again, then tripled my ski days this year (from last) to 20. Finally decided to ski bumps correctly mid-January this year. Mainly ski at Killington, but I'll be doing nights next year at Sundown. Hoping to triple my number of ski days again next year.
mondeo

Postby BushMogulMaster » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:41 pm

mondeo wrote:I'm Mike/monedo, same name at AlpineZone.

Been skiing for about 16 years now, 12 if you don't count my 4 year hiatus during college (couldn't afford to replace my delamed K2 715s.) Started hacking bump runs about 10 years ago, following the '98 Olympics, on the same run that Jilian Vogtli, Travis Mayer, and Alex Wilson learned on at Holiday Valley. Took up skiing again last year when I could afford skis again, then tripled my ski days this year (from last) to 20. Finally decided to ski bumps correctly mid-January this year. Mainly ski at Killington, but I'll be doing nights next year at Sundown. Hoping to triple my number of ski days again next year.

Welcome to the board!

Always glad to see fellow AZer's at mogulskiing.net!
Founder, Director Emeritus mogulskiing.net

Director of Marketing, IT, & Slope Maintenance (and Mogul Coach) at Cooper, CO

patrick@mogulskiing.net
BushMogulMaster
Site Admin

Postby AlpineZone » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:22 pm

BushMogulMaster wrote:Always glad to see fellow AZer's at mogulskiing.net!

Stop stealing my members! :evil:

:wink:
Greg
AlpineZone.com - Northeast Skiing
AlpineZone

Postby BushMogulMaster » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:33 pm

AlpineZone wrote:
BushMogulMaster wrote:Always glad to see fellow AZer's at mogulskiing.net!

Stop stealing my members! :evil:

:wink:

:lol:

You'll never stop me! :twisted:
Founder, Director Emeritus mogulskiing.net

Director of Marketing, IT, & Slope Maintenance (and Mogul Coach) at Cooper, CO

patrick@mogulskiing.net
BushMogulMaster
Site Admin

Postby iskifasterthanyou » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:55 pm

Hi, I'm Johnnie. I competed USSA Rocky Mountain division way back in the late 80's early 90's. I still hunt for zipper lines every time I go skiing. Enjoy racing WC bump skiers when they come to my local hill. Long time season pass holder at Winter Park and Arapahoe Basin. I will be at the Jane this season, so if you see me on Sterling Way come say hi.
Last edited by iskifasterthanyou on Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks, Johnnie C
iskifasterthanyou

Postby Andrew P » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:15 pm

Hey everyone, just joined here. Name is Andrew and i am from Detroit ( I know pretty shitty area for skiing). Anyway been skiing all my life, am 27 now and have been out west quite a few times. Enjoy mogul skiing and back country/powder the best.

Just wanted to say hello
Andrew P

Postby Cricket » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:11 pm

Hello all,

Mark here from the flat lands of Kansas. Learned to ski at North Star lake Tahoe. Worked at Copper Mtn. in Colorado for a couple seasons as a lift operator back in 89, 90. Ended up in Kansas City when I finally found out that skiing doesn't pay well :( . Enjoy mogul skiing the most, but sometimes like the steep stuff also. Found the sight here while surfing the net one night. Im still digging through the post digesting alot of great info.
Cricket

Postby eteled » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:29 pm

Necro Bump

Hi. I just saw this thread and figured I'd partake. I'd like to say, love these forums. Lots of great reading and watching.

My name is Chris, 27 years old, and have been skiing for 20 of them. I pretty much have skied only in Oregon, which lacks significant mogulage. I grew up watching and emulating all the typical Stump characters (Hattrup, Andrews, Plake), but I really gravitated to the skiing style presented in Eric Perlman's videos (in particular the DesLauriers brothers). As a result I like to ski the whole mountain in the classic edge-set hop turn and I thought groomers were just a means of getting to the run I wanted to ski :lol: ... well I still think that.

I ride the whole mountain in all conditions on mogul skis. In fact I don't presently own any shaped or fat skis.

I actually enjoy moguls more than any other condition. They are just harder to come by in the PNW. I can rip a zipplerline with some WC style, but I've never been on seeded bumps :( Last season I did get a day in at Sun Valley and managed to get some cheering from the chair as I zipperlined underneath it. I moved over to the mogul course, but it was full of kids getting ready for a competition.

I was an army officer, but I quit because I was stationed in the deeeeeep south and couldn't ski more than 10 days a year. Gatlingburg, TN.... seriously :(

I'm poor and in grad school for the time being. When that's all done in a few years I'll be able to attend some of the MJ bump events you guys put on.
eteled

Postby B-Stead » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:57 pm

I don't think I've ever introduced myself but, my nickname is B-Stead.

I love to ski moguls and only moguls however. I competed out of Killington from 89-94 when I went to Castelton State. Since I started this sport I've had every serious injury possible and actually "quit skiing" altogether 3 times. In fact, over the years, I've even gone a few seasons without skiing at all.

But then one day I posted some of my old stupid VHS old school footage on YouTube and it took off. As a result of that, someone emailed me out of the blue and said I should ski this place called Mary Jane and visit this forum - the rest is history.

Long story short, I am actively shredding moguls again - and loving it.

B-Stead

http://www.youtube.com/BeastEd
http://www.maryjanemogultour.com
Last edited by B-Stead on Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B-Stead

Postby Jeffy » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:32 am

Heeyyy Yoooo! Can I get a WHAT? WHAT? B-Stead in da haaauuuse. Werd.
-Jeff
Portland, OR
Jeffy

Postby Akisan2 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:39 pm

Since the winter is coming I will formerly introduce myself.

My name is Ryohei, and I have been mogul skiing fanatic since I was 16...when i started skiing.
I wanted to pursue the sport so I started as Mt hood summer ski camp regular with Minna Karhu(Finnish Ex national) as my coach. Then I moved to SLC to go University of Utah and joined Snowbird freestyle team.
I started to compete from 1998 to 2002, took quite a role in Deer valley course operations as a team.

Came pretty close to making the qualifiers around 2000 but my injury proved to be too much.

Now I'm married and working full time in pacific NW, occasionally skiing in the winter but skiing more in the summer(due to the mogul skiing availability).

I met Jeffy at Palmer glacier and joined here!
:mrgreen:
Akisan2

Postby brill » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:07 pm

I'm Brill, just found this site yesterday (2/22/10). I'm average bump skier. however, watching the mogul competition in the Olympics has really sparked my motivation to get really good at bumps. I'm hoping to get good enough to be able to get in some local competitions (29 isn't too old to start competing, is it? ;)

Been skiing since 1995, freshman year of high school. I got cut from the basketball team so I joined ski club. Learned to ski at Boston Mills (I thought I saw a few Ohioans here). Now I call Colorado home. Spend most of my time at Breckenridge.
brill

Postby Elhochick » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:40 am

Hello! I'm Kim and I am a bump addict and new to the board.
I love the challenge of looking down a steep full of moguls and trying to find the best line to take.
I am a Colorado native...started skiing at 4 or 5... dad was a patroller at Loveland so when he worked we skied.
Dad was always the best at finding cheap ski deals for us (both parents were educators so not a lot of money to toss around). We'd work lunches at Loveland picking up lunch trays in exchange for ski tickets. We'd ski the 7 mile tree bashing run at Berthoud Pass over and over (because it was free!). Dad would drop us off at top...and drive the VW van down to the bottom...load us up and take us back to the top. Good times! I was sad to see Berthoud close and the lodge knocked down. A piece of me died that day...but I vow one day to ski 7 mile run with my kids or do the driving thing dad did for us.

By high school I was really into the bumps... tagging along side freestyle teams or other mogul skiers trying to glean any bit of information I could. I even entered a few comps for fun. (didn't win anything of course...but I had a blast and that is what it is all about right?)

We call Mary Jane home and one day I hope to have a condo/timeshare up in Winter Park...for now we make the day trips and stop at Lewis Sweet shop in Empire on the way home for the BEST milkshakes and fries!

I have 2 young ones now (2 and 4) that have cut back my ski time and ski budget significantly, so I look for ski deals wherever I can get them. One day I'll get that season pass again! I do look forward to teaching my kids a sport I love so much! (and deep down I'd love to see one of them become a little ripper)

Thanks for creating such a cool community!
Elhochick

Postby mwvt9 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:49 pm

Didn't see this thread and posted the same thing in another post (good start huh?).
8************************************************
I'm new to the forum and wanted to say hello to everybody.

At one point in my life I skied bumps a lot, but work, kids and my own business caused a very long break (almost 10 years). Before that break I got to ski with some really talented people. My cousin was on the freestyle team in Steamboat Springs and trained under Park Smalley. When I would visit out there I would tag along behind them and try to learn (though I am no where near their level). Anybody on here from Steamboat and in your early 30's? If so you may know my cousin.

I got back on the slopes this year to teach my 4 year old. I have been up skiing 5 times this year and I feel like I am in a bucket of molasses! My equipment needs some upgrading too (still on Hart f 17s toothpicks for a decade ago).

I look forward to learning from you guys! Great forum.
mwvt9

Postby SkiDork » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:09 am

welcome mvt
SkiDork

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forum