New Member Introductions

Favorite TV shows, latest ingenious discovery in your life, new car, etc. This is place to discuss whatever it is your heart desires. Except... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE... no politics. Take it somewhere else!

Moderators: SkiDork, bvibert

Re: New Member Introductions

Postby thedisemboweler » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:02 am

BushMogulMaster wrote:Please introduce yourselves!

the disemboweler (spell it correct please!!!!) been skiing since 11/92 this is my 15th season at k i have about 500 days in at k since then....been on the kchat, when asc ran it, since 97 or 98 & was on the kzone until 10/06, met alot of folks & made many good friends from both sites but none of those folks, that i have met in person, do bumps. theyre mostly trees etc....i have 2 pair of twin tip skis....pow & bumps are my fav....besides the big dumps spring skiing is my fav....50-60 degress, bright sun, no wind & sweet soft staircaes everywhere....

thedisemboweler

Postby AlpineZone » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:18 pm

thedisemboweler wrote:Image

Sweet bumps... ;)
Greg
AlpineZone.com - Northeast Skiing
AlpineZone

Postby powbmps » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:26 pm

What about me Dis? I'm hurt :cry: .

Image Just bang it!
powbmps

Postby tc » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:52 pm

My name is tony. I've been sking now for 21 years. Im 34 years old and married. Just love to bump it up. In my high school days my friends would compete at sunday river in moguls and I was hooked. Every turn and every run is diffrent.I worked at a couple of ski areas but learned out the hard way that you worked more than you ski. So I chose to ski. I have two boys. I try to rip it up two to three midweek days a week and one with the boys. Self employment helps. I don't know how people can ski those groomers all the time :?
tc

Postby BushMogulMaster » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:01 am

Welcome!
Founder, Director Emeritus mogulskiing.net

Director of Marketing, IT, & Slope Maintenance (and Mogul Coach) at Cooper, CO

patrick@mogulskiing.net
BushMogulMaster
Site Admin

Postby thedisemboweler » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:41 am

powbmps wrote:What about me Dis? I'm hurt :cry: .

Image Just bang it!

your hurt cause i didnt mention u in my post???? i thought ur part of the mrsg/mrg contingent????

thedisemboweler

Postby thedisemboweler » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:44 am

BushMogulMaster wrote:Welcome!

thank you....

thedisemboweler

Postby skyline » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:38 am

I've been perusing this forum for the last four months and have appreciated all information presented. I ski mainly Whistler/Blackcomb and unfortunately there do not seem to be many mogul skiers left. Lots of grooming, etc to accommadate shape, racing, and park skis/skiers. And don't get me wrong as there are many fun and challenging mogul runs it's just that I don't see many competent mogul skiers. And may gawd help you if you're looking to purchase skinny skis...one gets strange retro alien looks...you're definitely on your own. That is until I uncovered this site...I think I finally found a home of kindred spirits.

Because of the wealth of information this site provides I bought up a pair of 07 Dynyastar Twisters (181 cm)and Dynastar look binding from Peak Performance in Killington VT. Go figure, I live next door to one of the biggest and best ski resorts in North America and I am forced to look for mogul skis on the other side of the continent. The great service I received from Fred at Peak Performance was much appreciated.

Also I just ordered a pair of 46"Goode Pure Carbon 10.4 ski poles. The posts about ski pole length were extremely helpful. I am 56 years old, 5'11" tall and weigh 180 lbs. These poles adjust down to 43". I'm pretty certain that somewhere between 43" and 46" is the perfect length. BTW don't let my age fool you. I love skiing bumps and have for the last 40 years... I will only get better thanks to sites like this.

I felt a need to offer something in return. There is a what I believe to be a new internet store I wanted to share with you. It has very competitive pricing for a variety of ski equipment. Such as;

Head 2005 Mad Trix Mogul Skis 171cm or 181 cm for $169.00.
http://www.levelninesports.com/advanced ... rds=317064

and pairs of;

Goode XGS-100 Carbon PHA 10.4 ski poles for $74.00;
http://www.levelninesports.com/?cPath=2 ... lter_id=21

I hope this information is of use. Again, thank you for for this site and keep the information flowing.
skyline

Postby user » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:16 pm

I ski mainly Whistler/Blackcomb and unfortunately there do not seem to be many mogul skiers left. Lots of grooming, etc to accommadate shape, racing, and park skis/skiers. And don't get me wrong as there are many fun and challenging mogul runs it's just that I don't see many competent mogul skiers.

Skyline, Weclome! Good to have another West Coast skier here. What you're saying about Whistler is just sad! I do remember plenty of nice bump runs there, a few years back at least. Although, Whistler's similar to the other big-name resorts out west - the culture's dominated by new school, extreme skiing, and powder pigs.

Wasn't the Smart Mogul Skiing vid filmed at Whistler/BC? You guys produce so many good bumpers, it seems hard to imagine there aren't more good recreational bumpers up there.

But of course, if you head up to the BC Glaicer in the summer, you'll find plenty of outstanding bumpers. :)
user

Postby BushMogulMaster » Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:51 pm

Welcome to the board, skyline! Sounds like you'll fit in perfectly!

Great deal on the Mad Trix, btw. Thanks. If I needed new skis, I'd buy 'em. But I still have a pair of unmounted CaBrawlers (that I snagged for $100)!
Founder, Director Emeritus mogulskiing.net

Director of Marketing, IT, & Slope Maintenance (and Mogul Coach) at Cooper, CO

patrick@mogulskiing.net
BushMogulMaster
Site Admin

Postby zipperline » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:36 pm

What's up thrashers, been skiing since i was 5 yrs old, now 37, yeah i know i'm prolly an old guy to most, but i still can rip it up, working my way up from NYS champ in 89 to qualifying for B's and moving up to A's after competing in the 93 season being a former Eastern Freestyle champ back in 93 at Waterville Vally . Seems so long ago, but definately the best years of my life!!

Mostly skied out of WNY when younger at Bristol and Holiday Valley watching Travis Meyer in my late teens and early 20's when he was less than 10yrs old just devastate a mogul field and we all know where he ended up :D :D

Hope to see ya in the fall line, keep ripping big air, Peace out!!
zipperline

Postby Jeffy » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:35 pm

Welcome Zipperline!

I somehow missed this thread when I wrote my intro in another forum topic a while back so I'll just repost it here since its where it should have been posted to begin with... Sorry for the repost fro those who are tired of my babble.

Hey, just wanted to say hello and introduce myself - You guys have a cool thing going here and I am excited to now be a part of it.

My name is Jeff and I ski SVMM style... NOT! I love and live by WC style, but to each his own really. Ski however you want, I choose WC style because I think its looks the best and is the most efficient.

Not that you care, but here is my ski background info so you have an indea where I am coming from:

I am 36 and have been skiing for 21 years. I learned and grew up skiing a 300 ft landfill covered in man-made ice called Pine Knob in Michigan, as in like Detroit. Since there were only like 4 runs with no features you either skied gates or the 20 turn single bump line for a challange. I did not choose the gates. Finally at age 27 I moved out west to Portland, OR where I still reside. Unfortunately, there actually aren't any good bumps on Mt. Hood (except in the summer ) so for the last couple of years I have been traveling to Mary Jane, CO a couple of times a year to get my bump fix. The last 2 years I have even been buying season passes to the Jane! Oh yeah.

As far as bump experience, I only competed once at my little home hill back in '96 and won the over 25 (old man) division with a heli on the top jump and twister spread on the bottom air... Those were the days. Anyway, so I am just a recreational bump skier but I am a fanatic about getting better and technique. I spent one day with John Smart last winter and it was awesome.

Anywho, sorry for the long post. I look forward to some good discussions and TRs and maybe even meeting some of you and ripp'n some zipperlines together.

-Jeff
-Jeff
Portland, OR
Jeffy

Postby CometKat » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:08 pm

I guess I should introduce myself. I went to ski school for two years as a kid at Ski Acres at Snoqualmie pass in Washington. The coolest thing in the world at that time (1975, 1976) was Freestyle and Mogul skiing in particular. Then the family moved so I dabbled for the next fifteen years, skiing maybe 10 times. The most memorable was a Squaw Valley trip in high school. I had bragged about how great a skier I was so a friend of mine took me to the top of KT-22 after getting me stoned and drunk. I crashed of course and broke both my skis.

I picked up skiing again in 1991 at the age of 28. I skied the next 9 seasons at various Lake Tahoe resorts and finally moved to Reno in 1999 from the San Francisco Bay Area. So I skied Mount Rose for the next 3 seasons working on my all mountain skills. Then in 2001 I moved to Carson City NV, one half hour from the Stagecoach lift at Heavenly. I still hadn’t been re-bitten by the bump bug yet so I focused on carving for the next 3 seasons and got to the point where I could rip any groomer at mach speed with perfect form on my GS racing skis. But I found myself out of shape at the end of the season which didn’t set me up well for the mountain bike season so I switched my focus to bumps 3 years ago. So this is my forth season skiing bumps and now I’m hooked. It is such a great workout and so much fun that moguls are all I care about skiing now. I started late, at the age of 42, but I'm sure my fitness and dedication will pay off so I can continue to improve.
Last edited by CometKat on Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
CometKat

Postby drewski180 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:00 am

Hello all, I've been posting on here for a few weeks now and should've done this before. My name is Drew, I'm 22. Just got into bump skiing this year and its grabbed a hold of me hard (I LOVE IT :mrgreen: ) but I still love skiing the whole mountain and finding the hidden pow stashes. Grew up skiing back east in New England as a kid, lived just south of Boston and skied all over MA, NH, ME, and VT. Moved out to CO 5 years ago to go to school :wink: at CU Boulder. Have since graduated and stuck around. Looking forward to the rest of the season and the big gathering at WP/MJ this coming Friday. Hope to learn a lot from you'll and improve my skiing, maybe even give my .02 once in a while and help others.
To you fellow CO skiers, if you ski at Copper/WP and need someone to go with, let me know. I work 3 nights/week at a hospital in Denver so have plenty of free time to ski, specially during the week, and I usually end up going alone b/c everyone else has "real" jobs ahaha.
drewski180

Postby Yoranium238 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:30 pm

Hi Guys...

My name is Chris and I have about 18 skiing years in. I'm originally from Southwest PA so I spent most of my youth in the Laurel Highlands (Seven Springs). After college I moved to Ohio (not much going on here in that area) and got married. However, I've managed to get out west a few times and am able to make several NY and PA trips per season. I can usually get to the local ski area here a few times a week, which is actually pretty good when you need a quick fix after work. Lucky for me, my wife loves to ski also. Currently, I'm expending a lot of effort trying to convince my wife that a move to Colorado is for the best...good schools, cleaner air, you know...whatever it takes.

I took a rather extended break due to family obligations (raising 3 small kids). Although skiing was put on hold, I spent most of my personal free time keeping in shape. I love to run and mountain bike. And lifting is a regular part of my routine. I'm 42...and I'm in the best shape of my life.

Two years ago I decided to get back to skiing. I couldn't believe how much I'd missed it. I'm an accomplished Alpine skier and am rapidly developing bump skills. In the past, I had always loved bumps but never really learned how to enjoy them properly. It was usually just a fight. So, I've spent those last two years concentrating on fulfilling a long term goal of becoming an accomplished bumper. I started w/ Dan Dipiro's book, then scoured the net for every shred of information I could find. I've read and viewed the DVD on SVMM, various PSIA information and on and on. Then, I found this site and have to say that it is THE one I always turn to. I've been a lurker here for quite some time and I have to say that I've learned so much from it. On the hill, I usually spend a good bit of time drilling on the groomers and then spend the remainder of the day in the bumps. I've learned quite a bit and am excited at what I have been able to accomplish as well as the potential just waiting to get out. I'm ready to take it to the next level and I know that I can.

The local season is fast becoming a memory here; however, I'm trying to see if I can manage a summer camp trip to either Whistler or Hood. Although I would prefer Whistler, it may prove to be simply too expensive due to the pathetic state of the dollar. Any comments on the Hood program are greatly appreciated.

I am very excited to be a part of this group. I know that I have a lot to learn, that I can do it and that everyone here has valuable information to share.

Hope to meet up with some of you guys on a hill somewhere...someday,

Chris
-- Chris from OH
Yoranium238

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forum