New Member Introductions

Favorite TV shows, latest ingenious discovery in your life, new car, etc. This is place to discuss whatever it is your heart desires. Except... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE... no politics. Take it somewhere else!

Moderators: SkiDork, bvibert

New Member Introductions

Postby BushMogulMaster » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:11 pm

Please introduce yourselves!
Founder, Director Emeritus mogulskiing.net

Director of Marketing, IT, & Slope Maintenance (and Mogul Coach) at Cooper, CO

patrick@mogulskiing.net
BushMogulMaster
Site Admin

Postby SkiDork » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:52 am

Skidork. Trying to lose weight so I can once again ski moguls, Can't ski them when I'm fat.

My son is starting to get into competition mogul skiing. So I'll be hanging out here to pick up some tips.
SkiDork

Postby AlpineZone » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:04 am

Greg here. Founder of AZ, SkiMRV and SkiADK. Been concentrating on bumps for about 4 seasons now, but I've always been drawn to them even in the gaper days. So - yeah I was the guy that you get pissed about for traversing into your line... ;)
Greg
AlpineZone.com - Northeast Skiing
AlpineZone

Postby MntMan4Bush » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:49 am

My name's Lucas. Rent a place up on the Roxbury Gap road every season with wifey and some friends from November to April and get up whenever I can. Been skiing since I could walk (took a hiatus after college when I was really poor), worked in the wunderbar when I went to Norwich and have always loved SB. Got into bumps about 2 years ago and haven't looked back. 2 of my buddies in the house rip bumps like you read about (You know of course if your prone to reading about such things). They made it look so fun so I've just been following them. Turned a huge conrer this season. Can't get enough.
MntMan4Bush

Postby BushMogulMaster » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:23 pm

I suppose I should introduce myself too!

I'm BMM, admin of mogulskiing.net (duh) and http://www.sugarbushhistory.com. I live right at the base of Sugarbush Mt. Ellen (walk to lifts in about 4 minutes, drive in 30 seconds). I ski almost every day, and wouldn't have it any other way. I plan to make a career out of the ski industry, and will begin by studying Ski Area Operations at Colorado Mt. College starting fall of this year. My goal is to land a Mt Ops Manager type position within 10 years. I've already done an extensive amount of research and hands-on volunteering/learning in the industry, and find it to be the most fascinating thing on the planet!

I started this forum because I love bumps, and I know plenty of people out there do too. I'm going to build a website around it (mogulskiing.net) that will focus on proper bump skiing technique and ways for beginner/intermediate/advanced groomer skiers to make the move into the bumps. Of late, it seems that carving has taken over the recreational skier. Carving ruins bumps, looks bad in bumps, and (to me) is no fun in the bumps. I'd like to spread an appreciation and an understanding of bump skiing as widely as possible. I'd like to hope that I can provide some tips and info that will help bring back mogul skiing as a completely accepted form of getting down the mountain. Hopefully, the bumps will be better because of it!

patrick@mogulskiing.net
BushMogulMaster
Site Admin

Postby bvibert » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:03 am

My name is Brian and I think I'm a bumpaholic...

Seriously, I just started to get into bumps this year after. They sure can be addicting! I started skiing when I was a kid but then got away from it for a number of years for various reasons. I was finally able to get my wife to try it a few years back and have been getting out more and more since then.
Brian
bvibert

Postby Ron White » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:17 pm

I'm a full time instructor and staff trainer at a resort in the Catskills. Most of my time is taken on snow teaching beg/novice skiers, adults and kids. I do occasionally get a intermediate bump lesson and sometimes an expert bump lesson. I do zipper line skiing sparingly on rock hard ice bumps (back pain), but love it on packed powder.

RW
Ron White

Postby AlpineZone » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:18 pm

Welcome Ron! :)
Greg
AlpineZone.com - Northeast Skiing
AlpineZone

Postby powbmps » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:40 pm

I heard about this forum from SkiDork over on K-Zone. Well he didn't actually tell me about it. I saw his post.

I love skiing bumps. I'm too old to be learning all those new fangled aerial manuvers, but I'm not afraid to throw down a twister or two. If I'm feeling real frisky I might toss a spread into the mix.

Maybe I'll see some of you old school bangers at Killington this spring (Dis?).
powbmps

Postby BushMogulMaster » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:44 pm

Welcome Ron and powbmps! Great to have you!

patrick@mogulskiing.net
BushMogulMaster
Site Admin

Postby 2knees » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:18 pm

just saw this thread. 2knees, or Pat, whatever its no secret if you read alpinezone. Been skiing since i was about 8. my moniker is based on the fact that i've had both my acls repaired. love skiing bumps. been fascinated with it since high school. love it more than powder even. I went to gmc and castleton in vermont in the late 80's early 90's. skied my way out of both. dont get air anymore. one of the deals i made with myself after the second blowout. always looking to improve but i just dont get the days on snow anymore with 2 little ones at home and a wife who works the night shift.
2knees

Postby powhunter » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:09 am

Steve here...Great idea to have this forum!! Been skiing bumps for only 3 seasons..finally getting it together after concentating on technique/offseason training...and help from a few buds who can rip it up.. I ski mainly killington usually mon-tues and some of the local hills around ct.
Looks like some Pow in the forcast!!!!! yea im there!!
powhunter

Postby bvibert » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:58 am

Welcome Steve. Let me know if you're ever at Sundown.
Brian
bvibert

Postby powhunter » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:30 pm

couple of us are going tomorrown night...PM me if you/anyone else is going and well hook up........steve
powhunter

Postby Mack » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:46 pm

My name is Luis (Mack is just my standard incognito internet forum name.. but I figured may as well share my real name on the intro, since I am likely to end up skiing with some of you at some point). Heard about the board from a friend (his screen name is cj, he's posted here a couple of times).

Been into skiing for about 7-8 years, really into bumps for the last 4-5. Started kind of late (I am 38 ), but finally making some progress in the bumps (had a little breakthrough this year). Some of you may know me from the MogulLogic camps (did a couple of them 3-4 summers ago at Blackcomb, and have been doing one of the Winter Park 2 day camps for 4 years), or from Killington a couple of years ago (was doing a lot of skiing there 2-3 years ago for a couple of years, but haven't been able to in the last 2 since we had a little girl and it's just hard to get away for the weekend). Currently I have been skiing a lot of Sunapee (they have a real nice bump run and it's only 1.5 hours away from home, Boston area, so it makes a great day trip).

Thanks for pulling this site together. It's just what I was looking for to feed the addiction and meet other people with the same passion for bumps I have. Hopefully it'll help me continue to improve, and hopefully I'll make a few new good friends I can do some bump skiing with.
Mack

Next

Return to Open Forum