New Member Introductions

Favorite TV shows, latest ingenious discovery in your life, new car, etc. This is place to discuss whatever it is your heart desires. Except... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE... no politics. Take it somewhere else!

Moderators: SkiDork, bvibert

Re: New Member Introductions

Postby EdwardAK » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:23 pm

Hi all,
I live and grew up in Alaska, just started skiing again after 19 years of other stuff. I really enjoy skiing the bump runs in particular and am always trying to find them, they are pretty scarce up here these days. More people should ski more moguls. Great site, thanks!
EdwardAK

Postby bounceswoosh » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:26 pm

Hi all,

I'm not much of a bump skier, but looking to improve. I'm considering getting some actual bump skis, because my daily drivers are 110 underfoot .. yeah. So I got pointed here =) I don't see a swap/sales section here - is there anywhere I can post my interest for used skis, with my stats etc?

I live in Colorado, mostly ski Breck and some Copper. I skied Mary Jane last weekend for the first time in a year, and was shocked at how different the bumps are there compared to the runs I call bump runs at Breck ...
bounceswoosh

Postby B-Stead » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:02 pm

Welcome to the board. Are you skiing the Jane next weekend?
B-Stead

Postby spetrecky » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:23 pm

bounceswoosh wrote:Hi all,

I'm not much of a bump skier, but looking to improve. I'm considering getting some actual bump skis, because my daily drivers are 110 underfoot .. yeah. So I got pointed here =) I don't see a swap/sales section here - is there anywhere I can post my interest for used skis, with my stats etc?

I live in Colorado, mostly ski Breck and some Copper. I skied Mary Jane last weekend for the first time in a year, and was shocked at how different the bumps are there compared to the runs I call bump runs at Breck ...

Hi all, my name is champagne ....I'm calling in on the request line...I'd like to speak to ...bounceswoosh.....

We'll hey hey baby bumper... would ya like to be mine...I would like get ya name and ya zodiac sign......
spetrecky

Postby bounceswoosh » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:15 pm

B-Stead wrote:Welcome to the board. Are you skiing the Jane next weekend?

Thank you! No, probably not - I have a place to crash in Breck, so WP is kind of a haul for me. Last weekend I ended up driving to Breck Friday night, then to WP and back to Breck Saturday. I am actually more familiar with WP from downhilling in the summer. If my husband isn't skiing, he can stay home with the dogs, and then logistics are less of an issue. If my plans change, I'll shout out.
bounceswoosh

Postby spetrecky » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:57 pm

apparently not a fan of the dynamic three?
spetrecky

Postby bounceswoosh » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:25 pm

spetrecky wrote:apparently not a fan of the dynamic three?

Sorry, no =/ I suspected it was a reference to something, but I didn't pick it up. I am now educating myself! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFcv5DSX-5c
bounceswoosh

Previous

Return to Open Forum