Mogulskiing.net Stickers?

Favorite TV shows, latest ingenious discovery in your life, new car, etc. This is place to discuss whatever it is your heart desires. Except... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE... no politics. Take it somewhere else!

Moderators: SkiDork, bvibert

Mogulskiing.net Stickers?

Postby yemntftb » Tue May 08, 2007 8:44 pm

Hey it would be pretty sweet if we could get some mogulskiing.net stickers or something to put on our helmets or whatever ski racks. A cool design with like a guy ripping the bumps and mogulskiing.net would be awesome.

Anyone know how to get something like this created? It might help to get the name out for the forums...might be something to think about for the summer.

-yeM
yemntftb

Postby BushMogulMaster » Tue May 08, 2007 10:03 pm

I like it. I'll look into it, and come up with something! :D

I'm open to ideas from the peanut gallery..... :wink:
Founder, Director Emeritus mogulskiing.net

Director of Marketing, IT, & Slope Maintenance (and Mogul Coach) at Cooper, CO

patrick@mogulskiing.net
BushMogulMaster
Site Admin

Postby jsul185 » Tue May 08, 2007 10:19 pm

BMM,
We need stickers or hats or hooded sweatshirts. Great PR in the lodge or preferably the spring parking lot. But we have to come up with a cool bumpers logo. Any one ever here of Fred's Freeride store at K's ???? One of my buddies has a kick ass hooded sweatshirt with a bumpers logo from Fred's.
jsul185

Postby AlpineZone » Wed May 09, 2007 9:06 am

I've had window decals done for AZ in the past:

http://www.alpinezone.com/decal.htm

I have a small version on my helmet too.
Greg
AlpineZone.com - Northeast Skiing
AlpineZone

Postby Mack » Wed May 09, 2007 9:17 am

I dig it.

I am thinking we need something to serve two purposes. 1) PR for the website (so we need the url on it), 2) an easy way to spot other folks that frequent these forums when out skiing (it'd certainly be easier than asking random people 'hey.. are you so and so from mogulskiing.net?).

I don't do bumper stickers, but if it's done well (I like the window decal better than the bumper sticker) and it's not too big, I'll make an exception for this one. I think a sticker to put on a helmet it key, and perhaps a baseball cap and/or a beanie. A hoodie works well also.

The logo could be something showing a guy at full absorption (sort of like the picture at the top of these forums), or something a little more abstract. For example, I used to really like the old predator mogulwear symbol that essentially was a semi-abstract drawing of someone doing an 'X'.
Mack

Postby powhunter » Wed May 09, 2007 11:01 am

jsul185 wrote:BMM,
We need stickers or hats or hooded sweatshirts. Great PR in the lodge or preferably the spring parking lot. But we have to come up with a cool bumpers logo. Any one ever here of Fred's Freeride store at K's ???? One of my buddies has a kick ass hooded sweatshirt with a bumpers logo from Fred's.

Haskell was a cool dude and gave ya good deals...I bought a few pairs of skiis off him...He had a sick logo too..think it was a heli X... I heard he became real sick though

steve
powhunter

Postby powhunter » Wed May 09, 2007 11:04 am

Maybe if anyone has any logos or ideas we can post them here and vote on the best one...I like the idea of a hoodie..and some type of sticker/decal

steve
powhunter

Postby SkiDork » Wed May 09, 2007 12:58 pm

Wondering why Freds Freeride went bust?
SkiDork

Postby Black Phantom » Wed May 09, 2007 1:43 pm

He got screwed by the landlord and not enough business in the store. The property is still for sale.

I have a hoodie. Made in Russia.
Black Phantom

Postby SkiDork » Wed May 09, 2007 2:10 pm

bummer about Freds...

I've actually been to Russia. Cool place.
SkiDork

Postby Black Phantom » Wed May 09, 2007 3:23 pm

No doubt. H is a very cool guy. First that I know of to hit the Freeskier market exclusively. Great skis, clothing, and soft goods.

Hoodie: The zipper is on the wrong side. And it is a XXL.
Black Phantom

Postby SkiDork » Thu May 10, 2007 6:19 am

His wife (gf?) used to post on KZone. She was pretty cool. She posted as Mrs Fred. (I think their dog's name was Fred IIRC)
SkiDork

Postby MaryJane » Thu May 10, 2007 9:05 am

The store was named after their dog. I know because when I met him, he was playing with the dog and said "this is Fred. He runs the place".
Shame its gone.
MaryJane

Postby yemntftb » Tue May 22, 2007 8:28 am

Well to get this back on track...if you found a good picture of a guy skiing you could black it out like the mogulskiing.net icon and then use that for the sticker, shouldn't be that hard.
yemntftb

the late , great haskell " fred " thayer

Postby joegm » Mon May 28, 2007 12:38 am

haskell was indeed the man....haskell kept it going as long as he could with the odds and the industry stacked against him... as we all know, no one gives a rat's ass about bump skiing... but haskell kept up the good fight...
there is a huge void now for bumpers looking for equipment, clothing ( back when they actually made real mogul pants ) and custom tuning advice. ( remember haskell's mantra ) " we still hand tune all our skis"... fred's filled that for a while in the kmart area. that was appropriate as K used to be the place for bump skiing... not any more, as we all know.
the last year plake was on the downhome tour in the east, we caught him when he made a visit to fred's and was hanging out at the shop, jibbin out at park fred on the front lawn rail at 9 at night when it was about 15 below and then hanging on the famous couch talking bumps... fred's was around for one more year after that i think.. a real shame for sure :cry:
i didn't know haskell was sick... i hope that's not true....i had heard he was in south carolina tuning surfboards ...
joegm

Next

Return to Open Forum