Totally Useless TR from Sierra at Tahoe

Share your trip reports that involved mogul skiing. Let us know where the good stuff is, and where it isn't!

Moderators: SkiDork, bvibert

Totally Useless TR from Sierra at Tahoe

Postby Chachi639 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:58 pm

One picture trip report here.

In the Tahoe Sierra, after such a promising December storm with broad media coverage, there's been essentially no snow since.

As a result Sierra at Tahoe is showing low snow midwinter conditions. As of Sunday on the West Bowl Side, Clipper, Dogwood and Horsetail all have baby bumps but the freeze/thaw cycle has made the conditions punishing there. Coverage on Marmot for accessing the West Bowl area is so sparse that I can't see it'll be open much longer without new snow.

The best bet for bumps has been on the Grandview side, on Castle, especially afternoon on the lower part. Upper Castle is holding almost wintry surface conditions with some sheets of ice and, if your not careful, a chance to detune your skis a bit. But lower Castle has been developing nice spring conditions and decent bumps. Best after 2PM. With the weather forecast I'm seeing this week I can't see this changing until at least next weekend.
Attachments
Lower Castle Bumps.jpg
Not bad?
Lower Castle Bumps.jpg (74.47 KiB) Viewed 605 times
Chachi639

Return to Mogul Skiing TRs