Greg Stump Movie Songs

Discuss anything ski related here!

Moderators: SkiDork, bvibert

Greg Stump Movie Songs

Postby Jeffy » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:06 pm

All,

I am in the process of gathering songs (digital versions) from some of Stumpy's early vids to have as a fun skiing playlist for my iPod. Songs from the movies:

Time Waits for Snowman
Maltese Flamingo
Blizzard of Aahhhs
License to Thrill
Dr. Strangeglove
maybe some others as well...

I have some songs from some of these movies so far. Some I was able to buy from iTunes (like ACT) and some I actually just dubbed from the old VHS tapes into my computer (quality is OK not great). Its been a long process.

So if any of you actully already have some of these tunes as .mp3 or other and are willing to send them to me that would be great. Let me know what you have.

Lastly, once I have my final collection perhaps a few of you would like it? Let me know and I'll find a way to get it to you.
-Jeff
Portland, OR
User avatar
Jeffy
 
Posts: 1131
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:28 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Greg Stump Movie Songs

Postby powbmps » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:09 pm

The Good, the rad and the Gnarly had some sweet songs if I remember correctly. The scene right after Scott Kennett says "Hey Harry, grab some breakfast. Let's go rip it up outside" or something like that.

XOXOX?

I recorded some songs from TV to tape back in high school. They sounded like s**t! No MP3 files but I'd love a copy if you figure it out.

I do have the Hoodlum Priest CD "The Heart of Darkness". I could send you those. I forget which movie they were from, but they have the cool Blade Runner samples. "Wake up, time to die". License to Thrill maybe?
User avatar
powbmps
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:27 am
Location: NH

Re: Greg Stump Movie Songs

Postby powbmps » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:23 pm

I just dug out the CD. It was License to Thrill for sure. There were five or six songs in the movie. Rock Drill, Tyrell, Caucasian, Talk Dirty, Deep Dance and maybe Rebel Angel.
User avatar
powbmps
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:27 am
Location: NH

Re: Greg Stump Movie Songs

Postby Jeffy » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:10 pm

powbmps wrote:The Good, the rad and the Gnarly had some sweet songs if I remember correctly. The scene right after Scott Kennett says "Hey Harry, grab some breakfast. Let's go rip it up outside" or something like that.

XOXOX?

I recorded some songs from TV to tape back in high school. They sounded like s**t! No MP3 files but I'd love a copy if you figure it out.

I do have the Hoodlum Priest CD "The Heart of Darkness". I could send you those. I forget which movie they were from, but they have the cool Blade Runner samples. "Wake up, time to die". License to Thrill maybe?


Actually, it was Chris Haslock that said "Hey Harry grab some breakfast..." :)

But yes you are right, Good Rad and Gnarly does have some good ski tunes, XOXOX being one of them. And those Hoodlum Priest songs are the bomb.

So update: I spent most of the weekend on this project and even ran across some cool dude on the TGR forums that emailed me a bunch of .mp3s he had, including songs from the bands Nasty Rox Inc and Hoodlum Priest. And actually, Hoodlum Priest streams a lot of their songs form their website so anyone wishing can just record them from there... Except for the song 'Crime' which is an AWESOME tune. The TGR guy did also send me that - apparently its hard to find.

So, I now have about a 30 song playlist of all great ski tunes from Stumpy's films from Time Waits for Snowman up to Dr. Strangeglove. I went up to the Palmer Glacier on Saturday to try out some mogul skiing with my new playlist of Stumpy tunes and it was AWESOME! I could not believe how pumped that music made me feel and how excited I was to ski with all those ski images in my mind associated to those songs.
-Jeff
Portland, OR
User avatar
Jeffy
 
Posts: 1131
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:28 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Greg Stump Movie Songs

Postby Jeffy » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:56 pm

OH yeah! Just added songs from 808 State, MC Tunes, Ice-T and Frankie Goes To Hollywood. Dr. Strange Glove def has some good tunage in it. I am now pushing a 50 song Stumpy playlist.
-Jeff
Portland, OR
User avatar
Jeffy
 
Posts: 1131
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:28 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Greg Stump Movie Songs

Postby mjskier » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:34 pm

Several songs in Groove Requiem are from Seal. A bit mellow for bump skiing but awesome on powder days.
I have the Seal CD but I need to dig my VCR out of the basement and watch that tape again to remember which songs.
User avatar
mjskier
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:56 am
Location: Colorado

Re: Greg Stump Movie Songs

Postby Jeffy » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:41 pm

mjskier wrote:Several songs in Groove Requiem are from Seal. A bit mellow for bump skiing but awesome on powder days.
I have the Seal CD but I need to dig my VCR out of the basement and watch that tape again to remember which songs.


Excellent point Bruno. Seal is def a huge part of a good Stumpy playlist.
-Jeff
Portland, OR
User avatar
Jeffy
 
Posts: 1131
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:28 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Greg Stump Movie Songs

Postby mondeo » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:10 pm

I've got Dr. Strangeglove, Siberia, Skier's Guide, and Fistful of Moguls on DVD (arrived today, I've got nights for the rest of the week planned.) Let me know what songs you want off of them and I'll see if I can't pull the audio, should be decent quality compared to dubbing from VHS.
User avatar
mondeo
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: Greg Stump Movie Songs

Postby Jeffy » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:39 am

mondeo wrote:I've got Dr. Strangeglove, Siberia, Skier's Guide, and Fistful of Moguls on DVD (arrived today, I've got nights for the rest of the week planned.) Let me know what songs you want off of them and I'll see if I can't pull the audio, should be decent quality compared to dubbing from VHS.


No worries, I now have all the songs I could hope for and they sound great.
-Jeff
Portland, OR
User avatar
Jeffy
 
Posts: 1131
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:28 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Greg Stump Movie Songs

Postby eteled » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:13 pm

Jeffy, could you post your list or hook me up with a d/l?

-eteled
eteled
 

Re: Greg Stump Movie Songs

Postby Jeffy » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:24 pm

I was able to make .mp3 versions of all the songs I have (54 of them). I could burn a CD and send them to you... Let me know.
-Jeff
Portland, OR
User avatar
Jeffy
 
Posts: 1131
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:28 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Greg Stump Movie Songs

Postby eteled » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:01 pm

A cd would be great. See pm for my address.

-eteled
eteled
 

Re: Greg Stump Movie Songs

Postby eteled » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:39 am

I got the cd this weekend. Awesome quality. Thanks much Jeffy.
eteled
 

Re: Greg Stump Movie Songs

Postby Jeffy » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:51 am

eteled wrote:I got the cd this weekend. Awesome quality. Thanks much Jeffy.


Werd.
-Jeff
Portland, OR
User avatar
Jeffy
 
Posts: 1131
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:28 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Greg Stump Movie Songs

Postby Elhochick » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:28 pm

Hi! I am curious as to which songs from Maltese you have?

I have Target Practice Mp3 if you never found it.

Peace, love and bumps.
User avatar
Elhochick
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:54 am

Next

Return to General Skiing Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron