Going to buy new skis... What do you all think?

Discuss anything ski related here!

Moderators: SkiDork, bvibert

Re: Going to buy new skis... What do you all think?

Postby Jeffy » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:20 am

powbmps wrote:I like the Twister, but this is a great deal on the 181 Head:

http://www.levelninesports.com/Head-Moj ... i-Blackred

That is one narrow @ss straight ski... 89/60/80? I would boot that ski out as soon as I tried to set and edge.
-Jeff
Portland, OR
Jeffy

Postby mogulsensei » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:58 pm

The Heads are fun to ski......if you like a super narrow, stiff ski. Wicked reponsive, but really squirrely. I had the black and white ones, then the couple different ones with snakes on the top sheet. Probably not a good ski for people getting into it....good for fat boys like me.

I gave the snake top sheet ones to one of the guys I coach, maybe 180 pounds tall and skinny, he hated them....called them the "evil bitch mistress", not sure if he even skis them anymore. I gave a pair of the black and white ones to a different guy I coach, he was more in the 230 lbs range he liked them alot. Part of that could be that my 210 lbs had beat up the black and white ones more. I think if you liked Dragonslayers or the older Volkl Straightline you would like the Heads.
mogulsensei

Postby skimedic13 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:31 pm

Hey guys, I am kind of in the same boat. I want to be able to ski bumps and have the confidence to know that I have skis that are good enough, but I also need my skis to have a lot of resilience; etc. I Ski patrol in Eastern PA and the conditions vary constantly. there is always a freeze thaw cycle going. I was looking at Mambas, because I am a lighter skier; 150 pounds, 6': however, I am also looking at the Fischer Watea 84's. Does anyone have any experience with fischers, and specifically the watea? Sorry, I wish I could help you make your decision!
skimedic13

Previous

Return to General Skiing Discussion