renewed interest in bump skiing

Discuss anything ski related here!

Moderators: SkiDork, bvibert

renewed interest in bump skiing

Postby lmntguy » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:40 pm

Hey people,
I am an old school bump skier (circa Wayne Wong) who just skied again for the first time again since about 1975.... my last pair of skis were Hart freestyles. I have no idea what to look for in skis today, all I do know is I still enjoy that style of skiing but found the rental Rossi's I had felt like they had cardboard for tails. I need some hints for inexpensive solutions for a fun setup for a 200 lb 64 yr old guy who wants to have fun again . I really never realized how much I missed the slopes until my snowboarding son talked me into going a couple of weeks ago. I know it's been a long while and things have changed a lot, any help would be appreciated. I know I will never be as aggressive as I was but I still want to have some fun.
lmntguy

Re: renewed interest in bump skiing

Postby Yoranium238 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:26 am

Never too old...never too late. Join us at Bumpapalooza in March. Check out the thread in Trips, Events and Meetups.

Also, check out the MSN store. Chris is running a mid-year sale on equipment. Lots are on Twisters and the price is pretty darn good.
-- Chris from OH
Yoranium238

Postby B-Stead » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:21 pm

get some Twister's with the Look Pivots and then join us at the Jane ..... only live once
B-Stead

Postby sunshine 50 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:07 pm

Wayne Wong was the coolest. God I am old !
sunshine 50

Return to General Skiing Discussion