Full Tilt Boots

Discuss anything ski related here!

Moderators: SkiDork, bvibert

Full Tilt Boots

Postby Procircuit » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:50 am

I'm looking into purchasing a pair of Full Tilt boots. The boots that would best fit my foot are the "High Five" and the "Booter" does anyone have any feed back on how they handle in the moguls and which would be better?
Procircuit

Re: Full Tilt Boots

Postby spetrecky » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:45 am

They are pretty much all the same, it just depends on how you set them up, what size forward lean wedge, what tongue stiffness, everything is interchangeable. I really don't believe that there was a fit difference either. I don't think companies spend the money on more than 1 mold per size. The liner's mold to your foot after the fitting. Most of the differences are cosmetic not real.

These are the best boots ever made by man and have been for 30 years. My Macbook is replaceable, my iPhone is replaceable, my anything else is replaceable. But Full Tilt boots and Fender Jazz basses can not be replaced by anything other than the same.
spetrecky

Postby Blanton » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:07 pm

I would recommend the one with the softer tongue. It will fight back less and allow you to get a little deeper in absorption.

Positive you can't have the traditional shell blown out enough to fit?
Blanton

Postby Procircuit » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:10 pm

Thank you for your feed back. Full tilt makes 2 molds 99mm and 102mm wide. I just didn't know if they were great for bumps but It seems as if they are. Can't wait to get them and have them custom fitted..
Procircuit

Postby Blanton » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:28 pm

If you can, I would really recommend trying to get in the traditional Full Tilt shell. It's noticeably lighter and built a bit better. I may be incorrect, but I think it also has a lower stack height...ie keeps your foot closer to the ski.

Over half of the people on the world cup are on these boots. They work phenomenal for moguls. Prior to getting a pair of these I was on the Dalbello Krypton Pros (essentially a knock off of the Flexon). My skiing and comfort improved measurably when I switched over.

If Pat Deneen can squeeze in the originals anyone can.
Blanton

Return to General Skiing Discussion