Newb mogul skier!

Discuss anything ski related here!

Moderators: SkiDork, bvibert

Newb mogul skier!

Postby skimedic13 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:53 am

Hello everybody,

I just found this website, milling around on the internet about my new almost obsession with ripping through the choppy bumps. First of all, I am a 20 year old skier , living in Eastern United states in search of some good tips and experience. Currently I am a part of the NSP, although I spend most of my time packaging and splinting broken wrists of snowboards, I want learn how to rip bumps past everyone else. Unfortunately I do not have good opportunities to practice. Furthermore, i ride on a Blizzard XO, carver ski; and I am looking to upgrade into a free-ride ski. I am seriously considering a Fischer Watea 84. But i don't know what size. I am 6' ft, and around 155. Currently, my ski is a 175 cm, I dont know if i should get a tad shorter ski for the nimbleness between trees? Thanks guys! happy skiing!
skimedic13

Re: Newb mogul skier!

Postby mondeo » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:32 pm

The Watea's a good complement to a carver, I've got the 94 at 178 for my powder skis. I'd think the 175 or next shortest length would both work for you.
mondeo

Re: Newb mogul skier!

Postby skimedic13 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:28 pm

Okay cool, so you have had good experiences with the wateas? good nimble, quick ski?
skimedic13

Return to General Skiing Discussion