Mogul skiing gets huge boost in Canada

Discuss anything ski related here!

Moderators: SkiDork, bvibert

Mogul skiing gets huge boost in Canada

Postby skyline » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:36 am

Canada and Quebec in particular have a history of producing great mogul skiers and as a result their athletes have been rewarded with a 2.5 million dollar winter training and competition complex..."sweet".

http://www.freestyleski.com/en/index.ph ... announced/

Although we all seem to complain about the lack of good mogul runs for the average Joe ...Bump skiing's' future -at least on a competitive WC level- seems to be healthy growing stronger by the year in Canada...well at least in Quebec.

On a side note the 2010-2011 Mogul A,B, and C teams has been named and 18 of the 23 members are from Quebec...go figure!
It's not that you can't ski moguls... it's that you can't ski and moguls prove it...
skyline

Re: Mogul skiing gets huge boost in Canada

Postby seashack » Thu May 06, 2010 1:09 am

That's CRAZY!!!! :shock: Bumps has hit the big time and has moved very far from when I competed last in the 90's. American's and Canadians trained, lived with and hung out with each other like we were all one big team at Lake Placid. I think now it's Canada's time to return the favor and let Americans use this place. :wink:

I guess the Utah Winter Sports park could add such a run. Lake Placid could only do it if they trucked in a mountain of dirt. Probably no will ($$) to do in the US. Way to go Canada.
seashack

Re: Mogul skiing gets huge boost in Canada

Postby thedisemboweler » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:17 pm

skyline wrote:Canada and Quebec in particular have a history of producing great mogul skiers and as a result their athletes have been rewarded with a 2.5 million dollar winter training and competition complex..."sweet".

http://www.freestyleski.com/en/index.ph ... announced/

Although we all seem to complain about the lack of good mogul runs for the average Joe ...Bump skiing's' future -at least on a competitive WC level- seems to be healthy growing stronger by the year in Canada...well at least in Quebec.

On a side note the 2010-2011 Mogul A,B, and C teams has been named and 18 of the 23 members are from Quebec...go figure!

It's not that you can't ski moguls... it's that you can't ski and the moguls prove it...

thats me in a heart beat :lol: :lol: i didnt put on a pair of skis until i was 28 years old....since i started in k in nov 1992 i have over 600+ ski days at k :lol: :lol: i have seen that canadian bump ski group many times....can only dream? where is skidork? im looking for him!!
thedisemboweler

Return to General Skiing Discussion