Gone Missing: My Mute Grab

Discuss anything ski related here!

Moderators: SkiDork, bvibert

Gone Missing: My Mute Grab

Postby mondeo » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:23 am

I don't know where I left it. I had it in high school, but now I just can't find it. I've got the cross and grab, but for the life of me I can't get the backscratcher part of the equation added in. Starting to get really frustrating.

/vent
mondeo

Re: Gone Missing: My Mute Grab

Postby CRoss » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:12 pm

Just play it out in your head before hand. Visualize what you want to do in real time going over each part of the trick. Do not just close your eyes and go "yep got it". Once you can get it mentally just let your body do its thing in the air. Since you have done it before this will help your body remember what it needs to do.

I was having the same trouble getting the mute grab while doing a 360 this year. Once I took the time before dropping in to visualize what I wanted to do it came right back to me. Of course knowing the camera was pointed at me helped too.

360 mute grab
Are those your skis?.....both of them?......Cool!
CRoss

Re: Gone Missing: My Mute Grab

Postby mondeo » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:06 pm

I'd tried the visualization thing, didn't help so much. Got closer to it today, decided to get around the mental block of adding the backscratcher in by going mule kick to mule kick with grab to the whole thing. Different progression order has helped.
mondeo

Return to General Skiing Discussion