Olympics 2010 in Vancouver??

Discuss anything ski related here!

Moderators: SkiDork, bvibert

Olympics 2010 in Vancouver??

Postby skyline » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:11 pm

The snow situation in Vancouver is dismal to say the least. Record snow falls in Whistler and nothing but rain on the local hills. Our three local ski hills including Cypress Mountain (Olympic moguls,air, and ski cross site) shut down last week due to rain washing away all the snow. As a matter of fact they have been stockpiling snow under tarps to be able to spread it around for the comps. Pathetic to say the least.

I took a few pictures of the North Shore mountains from my balcony Feb 2007 on a beautiful bluebird day ...and some today. In the far right of the first picture you can see Grouse Mountain and the Lions to the left... just to the left of the Lions and out of frame is Cypress Mountain... but usually this is what I see when I wake up on a sunny day in the winter. Not this year. The gray dismal picture was taken this morning and you can see the bare patches on Grouse and the Lions. Come February the Olympics venue should be interesting.
Attachments
Feb 25 2007 mountain  from deck 004.jpg
Feb 25 2007 mountain from deck 004.jpg (59.32 KiB) Viewed 1391 times
Jan 19 2010.JPG
Jan 19 2010.JPG (48.44 KiB) Viewed 1386 times
It's not that you can't ski moguls... it's that you can't ski and moguls prove it...
skyline

Re: Olympics 2010 in Vancouver??

Postby JacksonGreen » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:57 pm

It was a great Winter Olympics. Ohno was amazing.
UP Snow!
JacksonGreen

Return to General Skiing Discussion