Variation VIDEO (and what I was doing on sl rc skis)

Post your photos and videos of moguls or mogul skiing here. If you post a video or photo of you skiing moguls, you'll hopefully get some feedback on your style. Remember: no matter how good you are, you can always improve!

Moderators: SkiDork, bvibert

Variation VIDEO (and what I was doing on sl rc skis)

Postby Blake » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:32 am

Ok... I wanted to do more style variations on video. I like doing that because I think it's interesting if I can do many ways, but also, I feel like the more different techniques I show, the more merit is added to what I already say on the channel about technique. If people want to know the truth in all of the arguing that takes place about technique, listen to the person that can do it every way. That's kind of the idea I'm going for anyway. A J.F. Beaulieu inspired shot is at 0:20 and a Reilly McGlashan/Paul Lorenz inspired shot is at 1:23. The latter nearly injured my hip to do, I might add, which leads me to think maybe it's not the greatest way to ski lol. The mogul shots actually are mostly meant to part right down the middle between the slalom race/japanese style and the world cup method... right between the two styles is an interesting point for mogul skiing to be at, I thought, because it's carvey, yet still has effective absorption. It's most similar to a slow shot that I've seen Janne Lahtela do in that long japanese video of his you've probably seen. I am going about as fast as these skis will go while making that turn shape in the moguls. Maybe next time I'll try more wax or something, but still it makes sense that a rounder turn is a slower speed than going straighter. And I have no idea what these slalom race guys are doing launching into the air off of each bump... I'm starting to wonder if they're doing it on purpose... or they can't absorb(?) I don't know... I can't say I have much interest in shooting into the air off each bump. Anyway.... https://youtu.be/zrN0MSqPLrI
Blake

Re: Variation VIDEO (and what I was doing on sl rc skis)

Postby Blake » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:42 am

A moderator can delete my other thread that is called "A Thread for my New One at a Time Videos"... because I changed the plan.
Blake

Postby Blake » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:10 pm

Also, I wanted to do some things different because if I always do things the same way, it's like... 'there it is again' lol I think the channel will benefit from some mixing based on what's popular online etc..
Blake

Postby skyline » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:18 pm

Great skiing Blake. For the last few years my choice for an on piste ski has been the sl rc. It does everything well and much more stable than my bump ski (dynastar)... epecially in late afternoon spring margarita snow.
Nice to see how the sl rc it can be skied, espcially in the moguls.
It's not that you can't ski moguls... it's that you can't ski and moguls prove it...
skyline

Postby Blake » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:08 am

The next stop is videoing in a narrow, real race boot. I will get one next year and then get deeper groomed carves on race skis. That will be getting close to completing the plan... but not quite.
Blake

Return to Photos and Videos