New Rendition. Short Video

Post your photos and videos of moguls or mogul skiing here. If you post a video or photo of you skiing moguls, you'll hopefully get some feedback on your style. Remember: no matter how good you are, you can always improve!

Moderators: SkiDork, bvibert

New Rendition. Short Video

Postby Blake » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:09 pm

Last edited by Blake on Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blake

Re: New Rendition

Postby Blake » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:31 pm

I think even though I've used these groomed shots before, I think it's still relevant to put something together of nothing-but-my-groomed... because every categorized instructor on youtube shows nothing 'but' groomed, except me.
Blake

Re: New Rendition. Short Video

Postby skyline » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:12 pm

Great turns Blake...Ted Ligety like. You mentioned last December you were going to elaborate some more about technique. Are you still doing that?
It's not that you can't ski moguls... it's that you can't ski and moguls prove it...
skyline

Postby Blake » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:21 pm

No, no technique.

The two technique videos that I already made are going to end up getting a lot of plays. I can tell by the play numbers so far.

I figure the best thing I can do to have influence with technique is to look as good as I possibly can, and then people will listen to me more with what I've already said. It's happening that way. We get way more subscribers now that I made those technique videos and all the really good videos from last year. I thought that this groomed video is good for emphasis because of how all good instructors on youtube ONLY show groomed.

I guess that on this forum it might be clear to everyone why I made those technique videos. You all have seen the arguments that inspired them. The main reason I wanted to make them is because I didn't like the idea of 'learning' skiers hearing bad information online and 'believing' it because they don't know any better. I think that there are ideas in skiing that are bad for the popularity of the sport... like when the PSIA convinces learners that their slow mogul skiing is somehow better than our fast mogul skiing. I strongly believe that there are some people in ski instruction that go around trying to convince people that their way and their skiing is the best for reasons that have nothing to do with their actual skiing.
Last edited by Blake on Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blake

Postby Blake » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:25 pm

I did change the 'notes' under the natural skiing commentary. That's all I added. Every year I realize that the conclusions that I've reached the previous year are always still what I think about technique in spite of experimentation.

I am working on something that will draw way more plays to that channel than any new ski video ever could. It will take a few years though.
Blake

Postby Blake » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:46 pm

Coolest thing ever starting at 3:23 https://youtu.be/1TnL-LJKWE0?t=3m23s
Blake

Return to Photos and Videos