Awesome Instructional Vid out of Korea

Post your photos and videos of moguls or mogul skiing here. If you post a video or photo of you skiing moguls, you'll hopefully get some feedback on your style. Remember: no matter how good you are, you can always improve!

Moderators: SkiDork, bvibert

Awesome Instructional Vid out of Korea

Postby Jeffy » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:39 pm

Thanks to my bud Paul Simmons for finding this gem. Its a full 45 minutes and in Korean, but the visual progression is quite clear. Awesome skier and coach. Would love to spend a day working drills with this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og5RhOUNDbQ
-Jeff
Portland, OR
Jeffy

Re: Awesome Instructional Vid out of Korea

Postby Old School » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:23 pm

To bad we don't have the translation.
Old School

Postby skyline » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:32 pm

Yes good find. At 20:15 the first few slow turns on the flats look really awkward until he shortens his turns near the end of the segment. Then it all makes perfect sense. One can actually visualize the moguls getting tighter and tighter. Also the pole plant drills at 23:00 are illuminating. He plants well down the back side as he begins his extension. Although I don't understand Korean...this instructional video is pretty clear.
It's not that you can't ski moguls... it's that you can't ski and moguls prove it...
skyline

Postby highnoone » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:53 pm

Real skiing. Pole flick
highnoone

Postby Christian » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:25 pm

Has anyone found translation to this video? I've been watching it on the lift and using it as a practice tool on the flats. Its a great tool and I can pretty much get what he is demonstrating but would like to know exactly what he's saying about it.
Christian

Postby Blake » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:42 pm

You know... I don't know if anyone would be interested, but I am pretty dang low on money this year. If anyone would want to, I would explain my technique and help people move towards being able to do it for say, 50 dollars for a 4 hour session. I wouldn't be able to until maybe mid-January, but then I would be available.

I'm just throwing the idea out there because I'm low on money : ) No big deal if there are no takers : ) Messaging me on youtube is always a good way to get ahold of me.
Blake

Postby Chris Moore » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:36 pm

Blake wrote:You know... I don't know if anyone would be interested, but I am pretty dang low on money this year. If anyone would want to, I would explain my technique and help people move towards being able to do it for say, 50 dollars for a 4 hour session. I wouldn't be able to until maybe mid-January, but then I would be available.

I'm just throwing the idea out there because I'm low on money : ) No big deal if there are no takers : ) Messaging me on youtube is always a good way to get ahold of me.

Holy Crap! This is THE deal of the century people.
Chris Moore
Site Admin

Postby Christian » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:00 pm

I'm in. The $50.00 for 4 hrs includes your airfare to PA right? :lol:
Sadly I wont be coming to the Jane this year.
Christian

Postby Blake » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:01 pm

No airfare included lol

But if we have any hunters here, I would also do it for about 50 dollars worth of meat. We can do moguls, non moguls, whatever.

I am going to switch sports, you see... from here on out, especially after this season, you guys won't be as likely to see me on the ski hill because I'll be pursuing something else... I'll be skiing about 1 day a week this winter... if my skiing skills diminish, that's ok... I'm pretty happy with what I've done in skiing... the next thing should be just as cool... you'll see... look at the same youtube channel in about 5 years (maybe less). I need a lot of meat : ) It's a plan for an attempt at a career as an athlete. http://musclenow.com/

And here is some Awesome Metal!
http://youtu.be/FSbocsvpHU0
Blake

Postby Blake » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:04 pm

There may be one last Ski Technique video this year... but I won't be skiing in it... just standing and talking and making a good point about some stuff that I want to deal with.
Last edited by Blake on Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blake

Postby SecretVest » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:29 pm

Blake wrote:You know... I don't know if anyone would be interested, but I am pretty dang low on money this year. If anyone would want to, I would explain my technique and help people move towards being able to do it for say, 50 dollars for a 4 hour session. I wouldn't be able to until maybe mid-January, but then I would be available.

Very interested! I couldn't find a way to do messaging on youtube, so I sent you a private message on this forum. I've always wanted to come to the Jane, and I'll have multiple ski trips to CO this season. Hope to see you!
SecretVest

Postby Blake » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:36 am

After skiing with you guys, I think that I want to still ski more than I was thinking.

I am going to workout and get stronger, but use that strength to facilitate better skiing to a greater degree than I thought I would.

I have never put full effort into being an athlete, but I think this is what I will do. I'm going to drink and smoke weed a lot less. I am excited about skiing now.

I will continue to do $50 dollar ski lessons for anyone who is advanced in or out of the moguls. I have found this winter that I have more than enough to say to make it worth a person's while.
Blake

Postby Chris Moore » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:08 am

Blake wrote:After skiing with you guys, I think that I want to still ski more than I was thinking.

I am going to workout and get stronger, but use that strength to facilitate better skiing to a greater degree than I thought I would.

I have never put full effort into being an athlete, but I think this is what I will do. I am excited about skiing now.

I will continue to do $50 dollar ski lessons for anyone who is advanced in or out of the moguls. I have found this winter that I have more than enough to say to make it worth a person's while.

Wow Blake. I think we're all pretty psyched to hear that news! Who knew the power of Bumpapalooza!

Also, for anyone else reading this. I skied with Blake while he was working with a student this past week. I can vouch that he is as good an instructor as he is a skier. I have no doubt that any time spent with him will certainly impact your skiing in a positive way.

-Chris
Chris Moore
Site Admin

Postby Blake » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:49 pm

Thanks Chris : )
Blake

Postby Blake » Sat May 30, 2015 10:39 pm

It turns out that these 50 dollar ski lessons are illegal (at least until I figure out how to negotiate the laws more).... so screw it, we'll just do it for free : ) If anyone wants to learn about anything from me, just ask : ) I still want to do it, the reasons are my own, I guess.
Blake

Return to Photos and Videos