Bumps Documentary Teaser 2.0

Post your photos and videos of moguls or mogul skiing here. If you post a video or photo of you skiing moguls, you'll hopefully get some feedback on your style. Remember: no matter how good you are, you can always improve!

Moderators: SkiDork, bvibert

Bumps Documentary Teaser 2.0

Postby ZacHoffman » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:46 pm

Hey guys!

Just wanted to share a new teaser I have just released for a mogul skiing film I am working on called "Bumps: A Mogul Skiing Documentary" This is a film made by mogul skiers, about mogul skiing, featuring many of the best in the world! Last time I posted in here with my first teaser we got some interesting discussion going, so it would be cool to see what you guys think of this one!

You can find it on the homepage of http://bumpsdocumentary.com/

Let me know what you think!
-Zac
ZacHoffman

Re: Bumps Documentary Teaser 2.0

Postby BushMogulMaster » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:25 pm

Nice work, Zac! I think it's going to be great.

From a filmography perspective, it's looking really nice and very well put-together. As always, the more varied and interesting angles, the better. A little audio suggestion: do some more EQ work on the speaking vocal tracks. The mids and highs come through super harsh. Bump down the mids, and bump up the lows just a tad. A compressor on the vocal track would be great also, to smooth out some of the volume jumps. Just a thought to make it more "pleasing" to the ear.
Founder, Director Emeritus mogulskiing.net

Director of Marketing, IT, & Slope Maintenance (and Mogul Coach) at Cooper, CO

patrick@mogulskiing.net
BushMogulMaster
Site Admin

Postby ZacHoffman » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:33 pm

Thanks for the tips! And I'm glad you're liking what you're seeing. Audio work is definitely something I'm not too experienced in. I'm hoping for the actual film I can find someone with a little more expertise to give me a hand with that stuff. I've yet to acquire any proper film education as I have been to busy competing in moguls to go to school yet! Pretty much all self-taught, learning more and more as I continue to make ski films!
ZacHoffman

Postby Henri » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:53 pm

Zac, I’m very glad to see you’re doing this. There are people out there saying mogul skiing is dying, and only old farts, hung up in a mythical stretch pants past, like it. But the energy and cool the young people in your movie emanate is disproving those naysayers. Mogul skiing is a beautiful kind of ninja move and the skiers of the world need to be reminded that it’s something to aspire to, the icing on the cake of a well-grounded personal ski technique. So please keep at it and get this movie out there. Perhaps you could include some discussion of natural vs. seeded moguls. Sincere best wishes for success.
Henri

Postby Blanton » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:15 pm

Got to ski with Zac at Holiday Valley this weekend... he has some really cool ideas for wrapping up the film and how it will be distributed. Super excited to pick up the finished product!
Blanton

Postby Yoranium238 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:01 pm

Nice work. Well done.
-- Chris from OH
Yoranium238

Postby Shockenau » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:36 pm

Nice Zack. Is the skier at the end a Deer Valley team member. I met a kid up there this year and he had on those bright orange Völkl's. Just wondering. Keep up the filming, looks good. The more you make the better you'll be.
See any good lines?
Shockenau

Postby ZacHoffman » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:59 pm

@Shockneau - Nope, the skier at the end is Kerrian Chunlaud, a french Canadian on the National Team. There will more than likely be some Deer Valley skiers in this film though. Actually a few are featured in the teaser. The guy standing in the gate when it's snowing hard is Troy Tully and the first voiceover is Jake Little, both members of the Wasatch Deer Valley team.

Thanks for your interest!
ZacHoffman

Postby Jeffy » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:42 pm

Really nice! Looking very good.
-Jeff
Portland, OR
Jeffy

Postby Chris Moore » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:24 am

Hey Folks-

In case you haven't heard Zac has made the full movie available for free on Vimeo:

https://vimeo.com/149962316

Check it out if you haven't done so already.

-Chris
Chris Moore
Site Admin

Return to Photos and Videos