Elk MNT PA Jan 5, 2014

Post your photos and videos of moguls or mogul skiing here. If you post a video or photo of you skiing moguls, you'll hopefully get some feedback on your style. Remember: no matter how good you are, you can always improve!

Moderators: SkiDork, bvibert

Elk MNT PA Jan 5, 2014

Postby Christian » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:44 pm

Hi, I've been following this site for a couple of years now and it has been very helpful. This is my first post and first ski video. Home mountain is Elk Mnt. PA. The bump trail is the Tunkhannock. Hope you enjoy.

http://youtu.be/77ECZy8CkVw
Christian

Re: Elk MNT PA Jan 5, 2014

Postby Yoranium238 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:26 pm

Sweet turns. Gotta love the Twisters! Time for Bumapalooza in March! Rock on!
-- Chris from OH
Yoranium238

Postby Christian » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:51 pm

Thanks, love the twisters. I followed a conversation here about twisters vs harts couple years ago. I purchased the F17 classics first because I wasn't sure if I was going to ski bumps. Now I'm hooked and got a pair of twisters last year and again this year from MS.Net(Cool Graphics). I like the Harts. I Love the Twisters! Everything the guys said about both I found out to be absolutely true.
This is my 4th season bumping and have been trying to ski over the bump and turn on backside but keep having trouble. I know to absorb and pole plant on other side but keep having trouble doing it which is causing upper body movement. My timing just seems off and I feel as tho I can't change it. Anyone have any advice on how correct this or any other helpful pointers?
-Thanks
BTW Looks like I will be at the Jane 1/20-1/27 and again maybe in March.
Christian

Postby Jeffy » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:43 pm

Christian wrote:Thanks, love the twisters. I followed a conversation here about twisters vs harts couple years ago. I purchased the F17 classics first because I wasn't sure if I was going to ski bumps. Now I'm hooked and got a pair of twisters last year and again this year from MS.Net(Cool Graphics). I like the Harts. I Love the Twisters! Everything the guys said about both I found out to be absolutely true.
This is my 4th season bumping and have been trying to ski over the bump and turn on backside but keep having trouble. I know to absorb and pole plant on other side but keep having trouble doing it which is causing upper body movement. My timing just seems off and I feel as tho I can't change it. Anyone have any advice on how correct this or any other helpful pointers?
-Thanks

Hey Christian,

Bryan Seastead and I will be skiing the Jane on Jan. 25 and 26 so maybe we can meet up for a few runs.
-Jeff
Portland, OR
Jeffy

Postby Blanton » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:49 pm

Elk looks like fun. I was hoping Google would come back and say that it was closer to Ohio than that... oh well
Blanton

Postby Christian » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:19 pm

Jeffy wrote:
Christian wrote:Thanks, love the twisters. I followed a conversation here about twisters vs harts couple years ago. I purchased the F17 classics first because I wasn't sure if I was going to ski bumps. Now I'm hooked and got a pair of twisters last year and again this year from MS.Net(Cool Graphics). I like the Harts. I Love the Twisters! Everything the guys said about both I found out to be absolutely true.
-Thanks

Hey Christian,

Bryan Seastead and I will be skiing the Jane on Jan. 25 and 26 so maybe we can meet up for a few runs.

Hey Jeffy,

That sounds great. I'm Planning on doing the Mogul Masters class on Sat but Sunday I'm def up to bumping with you guys. Let me know when and where to meet. Can't wait to get to the Jane!
Christian

Postby Christian » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:35 pm

Blanton wrote:Elk looks like fun. I was hoping Google would come back and say that it was closer to Ohio than that... oh well

Hey Blanton,
Cool videos,Great skiing! I saw the first one in Nov and it got me pumped to bump. Holiday Valley looks like a really cool place.
Elk is fun (not worth the ride) when management feels it is right to let some trails bump up. NEPA here with many older skiers who like every trail groomed. The Tunk (tunkhannock) is their "showcase" trail and its usually bumped when the weather is right but heavily skied. Elk doesn't show it much love either. But we make the most of it.
Christian

Postby Jeffy » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:34 pm

Christian wrote:Hey Jeffy,

That sounds great. I'm Planning on doing the Mogul Masters class on Sat but Sunday I'm def up to bumping with you guys. Let me know when and where to meet. Can't wait to get to the Jane!

What program specifically are you taking on Saturday? Is it only on Saturday? Are you talking about the Freestyle Masters with Mark Kahre, Bob's Mogul Camp or Bob's Bump Jamboree?
-Jeff
Portland, OR
Jeffy

Postby Christian » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:56 pm

Jeffy wrote:

That sounds great. I'm planning on doing the Mogul Masters class on Sat but Sunday I'm def up for bumping with you guys. Let me know when and where to meet. Can't wait to get to the Jane!

What program specifically are you taking on Saturday? Is it only on Saturday? Are you talking about the Freestyle Masters with Mark Kahre, Bob's Mogul Camp or Bob's Bump Jamboree?

It's the Freestyle Masters with Mark Kahre. Class Weds, Sat, and Sunday.
Christian

Postby skyline » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:14 pm

I saw this video a few months ago and believe it is a snippet from the clinic ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnx-QNLYOGU
It's not that you can't ski moguls... it's that you can't ski and moguls prove it...
skyline

Postby Christian » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:14 pm

skyline wrote:I saw this video a few months ago and believe it is a snippet from the clinic ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnx-QNLYOGU

That's the class. I took it once last year and it was really informative. Looking to do it twice next week. I'm an intermediate bump skier in my 4th year and the class was very helpful. Plus you got to ski the practice course and get filmed and critiqued which was a huge learning benefit for me.
Christian

Postby Jeffy » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:11 pm

Christian wrote:
Jeffy wrote:

That sounds great. I'm planning on doing the Mogul Masters class on Sat but Sunday I'm def up for bumping with you guys. Let me know when and where to meet. Can't wait to get to the Jane!

It's the Freestyle Masters with Mark Kahre. Class Weds, Sat, and Sunday.

OK cool, that class is legit, but the stuff with Bob I would not recommend. We will plan on looking for you on Sunday (the 26th) say 9:30am at entrance to six pack chair at base of Jane. Look for the two goofy looking guys (their may be more than two actually) with Twisters standing next to each other and stretching. Prior to that we may be still in the Jane cafeteria or taking a warm up run down Sleeper or Mary Jane trail. Bryan is easy to spot with his East Coast superiority complex.
-Jeff
Portland, OR
Jeffy

Postby Christian » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:17 pm

That's funny shit. Since we too (I might be with 1or 2 other bumpers) are East Coasters with twisters we should be very recognizable as well. haha
Christian

Return to Photos and Videos