New Competition Forum Added

Rules, guidelines, announcements, news, etc.

New Competition Forum Added

Postby Chris Moore » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:43 pm

Hey Everyone-

With the World Cup season officially underway and mogul skiing competitors at all levels well into their upcoming season's preparations I thought it would be an appropriate time to add a new forum specifically for competition related topics. I added the first post which is a recap on this past weekend's World Cup competition in Ruka, Finland. I included the official results and a link to the raw footage of the competition. Going forward I'm looking forward to giving the competitive side of our sport some much needed exposure in this forum. Check it out!

-Chris
Chris Moore
Site Admin

Re: New Competition Forum Added

Postby Jeffy » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:24 pm

Very cool.
-Jeff
Portland, OR
Jeffy

Postby highnoone » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:28 am

highnoone

Postby Chris Moore » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:59 pm

Cool Post Highnoone.

Going forward I suspect this format (bump run with one big kicker at the bottom) will gain in popularity. As an old school purist I don't think it's as demanding as the two air per run format but I can see how it's a lot more exciting for the spectators. It also raises the possibility of landing, or launching, the airs switch. At the top level this could rapidly become a mandatory move in order gain enough degree of difficulty points to win. If this happens don't be surprised to see a new breed of twin tip mogul skis hit the market within the next few years.

-Chris
Chris Moore
Site Admin

Postby Jeffy » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:54 pm

True Dat C'Mo. I was skiing at Timberline during summer training a few years back when Jay Panther was practicing launching switch off the top air.
-Jeff
Portland, OR
Jeffy

Return to Official Business