Forum Still Under Construction

Rules, guidelines, announcements, news, etc.

Forum Still Under Construction

Postby Chris Moore » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:20 pm

Hey Everyone-

If you're reading this then you've probably already noticed that the forum is a bit messed up at the moment. Upgrading to the current version has been a bit more challenging than I had expected which is why it's taking so long.

Thus far there have been two main problems. First, the previous version that we were using was so out of date that there was no direct upgrade path to the current version. Second, having never administered a phpBB forum before I've had a steep learning curve in getting up to speed and performing the upgrade all at the same time.

Not to worry, I expect to have it all sorted out over the weekend. To answer your question B, the benefit will be that keeping the forum software up to date going forward will be a lot easier and, most importantly, the updated software will make it possible for the forum to be accessed via apps for iPhone and Android devices.

I'll keep you all posted as work progresses. For the time being please be aware that I may be working on the forum at any given time over the next few days so post at your own risk.

Thanks for your patience.

-Chris
Chris Moore
Site Admin

Return to Official Business