Announcing new ownership/management for Mogulskiing.net

Rules, guidelines, announcements, news, etc.

Announcing new ownership/management for Mogulskiing.net

Postby BushMogulMaster » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:18 am

Hello fellow mogul skiers! I am pleased to announce that I have found a very qualified, competent, and passionate new owner for Mogulskiing.net, Chris Moore (a.k.a. Chris Mo' on the forum). Chris brings his expertise and passion in IT and mogulskiing, and his distinct vision for the future of Mogulskiing.net, and I am quite confident that we will see great new developments and growth here as Chris moves the site and the brand into the future. After meeting to discuss this possibility with Chris, I left feeling comfortable that Mogulskiing.net will be in none but the best of hands. He has some truly wonderful and forward-thinking ideas on how to grow and expand Mogulskiing.net among mogul skiers (recreational, professional, and up-and-coming alike), as well as within the skiing industry in general.

Over the next few days we will be working out the final details, as I depart for seminary next week.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone on Mogulskiing.net for all the great discussions, for the Bumpapalooza trips, for the support, and for making this site (which was really just the pipe dream of a then-16 year old kid) a viable (and now thriving) online community. I would also like to thank Chris for his interest, and his willingness to take over this site, which has been a labor of love from day one.

I will be helping out over the next few transitional days, and will of course check in on things from time to time. But I shall leave it at that, and invite Chris to introduce himself and perhaps hint at some of his ideas for Mogulskiing.net.

May God bless you all!
Founder, Director Emeritus mogulskiing.net

Director of Marketing, IT, & Slope Maintenance (and Mogul Coach) at Cooper, CO

patrick@mogulskiing.net
BushMogulMaster
Site Admin

Re: Announcing new ownership/management for Mogulskiing.net

Postby B-Stead » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:04 pm

C-Mo in the house ... werd.

c mo 2011.JPG
c mo 2011.JPG (56.41 KiB) Viewed 4123 times
B-Stead

Postby Chris Moore » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:40 pm

Thanks B'

Hello Everyone!

So yeah, I’m the new owner and webmaster of MogulSkiing.net!

First off I’d like to thank Patrick for putting this site together, having the faith (pun intended) to turn it over to me and for such a well written intro. I hope I can come across half as well.

Now, onto business…some of you know me quite well, some not at all. For those that don’t a little background: In short I’m a bump skier from back in the day. I attended Castleton State College in Vermont in the late 80’s and was engrossed in what was the then thriving mogul skiing scene at Killington. B-Stead, dwost and spetrecky were some of my contemporaries at the time. During that era I skied well over 100 days a year, competed in the Eastern USSA freestyle competitions, trained at Hood and Whistler in the summers and proceeded to accomplish not much in the sport. After college I was burnt out and didn’t hit the slopes again for over 10 years. I returned to skiing several years ago at the urging of my girlfriend and discovered that the sport had changed quite dramatically. I bought some fat skis, started fooling around in half pipes and thought it was all pretty cool. I took a few token runs in the bumps but didn’t think much of it at the time. Then, one day while killing time on the internet I stumbled upon an old school mogul skiing video posted by none other than my old friend B-Stead. Long story short we ended up getting back in touch. He told me about Bumpapalooza and insisted that I “had to” attend. It was 2008. I responded that he was insane. Mogul skiing? Who cares about that anymore? But in the end I did go and found that enough time had passed that I could once again enjoy the sport. It was a long but much needed break.

And now here I am. Three short years later and I’ve gone from hardly ever even thinking about mogul skiing to taking ownership of what I hope will continue to be the primary voice of the sport. Funny how things can come full circle.

As for the future, I do indeed have some ideas for this site that I hope to start implementing in the near term.

Specifically, I would like to make the forum available in a mobile device format. My observation is that the forum is the life blood of this site and with more and more of the population accessing the web via smart phones this is a pressing need.

Next up will be social networking integration. Facebook, Twitter, Google+…MogulSkiing.net currently has no presence within any of these communities. In order to grow awareness of the site and thus the sport a more comprehensive online presence will be key in getting the word out.

Some other things that are on my mind but not necessarily on the front burner are:

Foreign language support – For much of the worldwide mogul skiing community English is a second language.

Increased focus on the current competition scene – My observation is that most of the MogulSkiing.net community is like me: old school mogul skiers from back in the day. Where is the current crop of young, competitive mogul skiers? They’re definitely out there but they don’t seem to have a voice on MogulSkiing.net. This will have to change. As we all know the kids are the future and if we aren’t engaging them now we risk losing them. If you are a young competitive mogul skier reading this I want to hear from you. What do you want to see on this site that you’re not seeing now? Post on the forum or PM me directly.

Editorial Content\Feature Stories\Interviews – Okay, don’t hold your breath on this one but I do have a degree in Journalism and I believe that being the owner of MogulSkiing.net qualifies me as a member of the ski media. Why not go to a few national or regional comps, take some pictures, interview some skiers, get some results, write a story or two and publish it all on MogulSkiing.net? Crazy talk I suppose. With so many other web sites doing feature stories on mogul skiing what could I hope to achieve? Well, who knows, but maybe I’ll try anyway.

That should be enough to keep me busy over the next year or two. However, I am open to feedback. If you have an idea that you think would make this site better please let me know. I’d rather think of it as ‘our’ site rather than mine. I can’t guarantee that I’ll implement every one but I will take all suggestions into consideration.

Once again I’d like to take this opportunity to thank Patrick for all the work he has done laying the foundation for this site and giving me the opportunity to guide it in the years to come. I look forward to getting to know as many of you as possible and working with you to keep this sport moving in a positive direction. In the months to come please don’t hesitate to contact me directly via the site with any questions, comments or concerns.

Cheers!

-Chris
Chris Moore
Site Admin

Postby Jeffy » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:06 pm

WOW! Big congrats C'Mo! Very cool indeed. I am very excited that you are the new owner and much look forward to you steering the helm.

And I do have a suggestion or confirmation on one of your potential additions to the site which would be a "News" section. Something with the latest competition results, links to articles, interviews, stories, editorials, etc. I am a big motorcyle roadracing fan and there is one website that I visit almost daily to view its 'News' section for the latest in what's happening in the motorcycle roadracing world. The content that Dean Adams (owner) puts up is excellent. Anyway, here is the link to see what he is doing:

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/newind.htm/

Obviously this is Dean's full time job and he has many contributors as the content he puts up takes a lot of time and effort to gather. This level of effort is not something you could just start doing, but perhaps someday... If nothing else, some aspects of www.superbikeplanet.com may give you some good ideas.

Cheers!
-Jeff
Portland, OR
Jeffy

Postby dwost » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:39 pm

C-Mo is in da house! Congrats bro, will be great to see where you take us, looking forward to the ride!!
dwost

Postby shreadley » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:40 pm

C.Mo... I like it! I'm real new here and want to put down some intelegent discussions, rants and raves from time to time.
One thing I was thinking..You know how rare it is to find bump specific gear right? How about a heading for 'Buy and Sell'? just a thought.
shreadley

Postby jsul185 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:34 am

Great news to hear this site is in good hands and will continue to be run by a person who is passionate about our sport. There are some incredibly knowledgeable mogul skiers here. I would have hated to lose this site.

Patrick, best of luck. I hope you continue to post from time to time. You have done an outstanding job building this site.
jsul185

Postby Yoranium238 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:03 pm

Way to go, Chris!

It's great to know that MS.N is in really capable hands. I think your ideas right out of the gate are a fantastic start to what we all hope is a long and rewarding venture.

Best of luck.
-- Chris from OH
Yoranium238

Postby Chris Moore » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:56 pm

Thanks for the encouraging words guys. I think this is going to be a good time for all. It will take me a little time to get up to speed on the techincal in's and out's of the configuration so bear with me over the next couple of weeks.

Jeffy - Yeah, you've basically provided a nice example of what I'd like to do someday.

shreadley - I've had the same thought but I'm not convinced of the overall potential in this department. While there are only a few online retailers that sell mogul specific skis the ones that do are large and well established and competing with their purchasing power would be daunting to say the least. Maybe I'll float this idea as a poll topic at some point in the near future.

-Chris
Chris Moore
Site Admin

Postby bvibert » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:59 pm

Wow, I guess I need to stop by more often. Congrats to both BMM and Chris Mo'!
Brian
bvibert

Postby 2knees » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:51 pm

man it's been a while since i've been here. congrats to both chris and pat.

Chris, nice pic you're using on your main page. that was probably the best day we had at our little institution.
2knees

Return to Official Business