Career change and impending mogulskiing.net ownership change

Rules, guidelines, announcements, news, etc.

Career change and impending mogulskiing.net ownership change

Postby BushMogulMaster » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:20 am

Hi all,

Just wanted to give everyone the heads-up on this first hand, since it will be known elsewhere in the public domain soon as well. I will no longer be working in the ski resort operations industry henceforth, nor will I be able to continue managing mogulskiing.net. In September, I am entering seminary, and thus all of my priorities are shifting quite a lot. Rest assured my passion for mountain ops and mogul skiing remains very alive, but that has to take a back seat to something of much greater importance.

I am meeting with a potential new owner for mogulskiing.net next week. Some of you know him, but I'll leave it at that for now. It is very important to me that this little online haven I've created for mogul skiers be able to continue to thrive, and grow beyond where I was able and willing to take it. It has a lot of potential for the future, and my hope is that it will gain more momentum and traction with a new, capable, and passionate "director." Of course, no one can ever steal the "founder" title away from me :wink: .

I will keep everyone apprised as things move forward.
Founder, Director Emeritus mogulskiing.net

Director of Marketing, IT, & Slope Maintenance (and Mogul Coach) at Cooper, CO

patrick@mogulskiing.net
BushMogulMaster
Site Admin

Re: Career change and impending mogulskiing.net ownership change

Postby SkiDork » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:35 pm

Wow! Very nice Patrick. Good luck in your calling as a priest!!!!
SkiDork

Postby B-Stead » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:32 pm

Jesus Christ.

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

We'll miss you Patrick but good for you to follow your passion. I hope you can still get out to the Jane or Bush.
B-Stead

Postby dwost » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:57 pm

Wow that is quite a change! Best of luck, you will be missed.
dwost

Postby pylerj » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:05 pm

Best of luck and THANK YOU for getting this community started!
pylerj

Postby BushMogulMaster » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:03 am

Thanks for the well wishes. It is a new adventure, and one I'm looking greatly forward to. I don't expect it will be easy, particularly in the world as we know it today. But I am nonetheless excited to dive into the Lord's work.

More on the future of Mogulskiing.net soon.

B-Stead... if your comment wasn't actually relevant and literal in this case, I might have to make a new anti-blasphemy rule. But for sure, I'll be getting a few runs in at the Bush on my breaks, and perhaps someday I'll make another trip to the Jane for a few turns.

patrick@mogulskiing.net
BushMogulMaster
Site Admin

Postby Jeffy » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:18 pm

Patrick,

That is incredible news! I truly feel honored to have met, skied and partied with you. You are an exceptional person and I wish you all the best in this next journey. I also cannot thank you enough for what you started here and the work you have put into. I truly hope it continues under the next leadership.

Hopefully we will ski together again soon and please drop in here once in a while and let us know how things are going for you.

Cheers my friend!
-Jeff
Portland, OR
Jeffy

Postby BushMogulMaster » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:25 am

Jeffy wrote:Patrick,

That is incredible news! I truly feel honored to have met, skied and partied with you. You are an exceptional person and I wish you all the best in this next journey. I also cannot thank you enough for what you started here and the work you have put into. I truly hope it continues under the next leadership.

Hopefully we will ski together again soon and please drop in here once in a while and let us know how things are going for you.

Cheers my friend!

Thanks, Jeffy! I'll definitely be in touch when I am able, and hopefully we'll get a few runs in again one of these days.

As I have mentioned before, it has been a joy for me to get this little community started, and I really hope it continues to grow and thrive.

patrick@mogulskiing.net
BushMogulMaster
Site Admin

Postby Yoranium238 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:55 am

Best of luck Patrick.

This truly is a great place you've created where a lot of new friends are made and invaluable information is exchanged.

BTW, I believe there are really huge moguls in Heaven and everything else is first tracks!

Thanks again...
-- Chris from OH
Yoranium238

Postby Old School » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:10 pm

Patrick, I had to pipe in. What you started here has been something special. Your efforts have changed the lives of so many of us who were in our own skiing worlds. Through this site friendships have developed that will now last lifetimes. I wish you the best in all your endevors. By the way will yor Father still be runnning SB North? Thanks again.
Old School

Postby BushMogulMaster » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:25 am

Sorry for the slow reply, and thanks to Yoranium238 and Old School for the kind words.

Old School wrote:Patrick, I had to pipe in. What you started here has been something special. Your efforts have changed the lives of so many of us who were in our own skiing worlds. Through this site friendships have developed that will now last lifetimes. I wish you the best in all your endevors. By the way will yor Father still be runnning SB North? Thanks again.

Yes, my father will still be GM of Mt. Ellen. Check your PM.

patrick@mogulskiing.net
BushMogulMaster
Site Admin

Return to Official Business