Subforum deleted

Rules, guidelines, announcements, news, etc.

Subforum deleted

Postby BushMogulMaster » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:08 pm

I see no need for the SVMM subforum anymore. None of the SVMM representatives were able to approach the situation without flaming, harassing, or otherwise trolling. Therefore, there no longer exists the need for a venue to discuss a now-irrelevant topic.

If anyone would like read more about the Sun Valley Mogul Method (a whole-mountain technique which applies to mogul use), feel free to search for it or visit their forum.

Cheers.
Founder, Director Emeritus mogulskiing.net

Director of Marketing, IT, & Slope Maintenance (and Mogul Coach) at Cooper, CO

patrick@mogulskiing.net
BushMogulMaster
Site Admin

Re: Subforum deleted

Postby Akisan2 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:09 pm

:mrgreen:

BMM, Cheers.
Akisan2

Postby B-Stead » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:14 pm

I heard from a ski area industry rep that Sun Valley is actually trying to remove their brand from the said mogul method. The noise created isn't what the ski area management team wants.
B-Stead

Postby BushMogulMaster » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:18 pm

B-Stead wrote:I heard from a ski area industry rep that Sun Valley is actually trying to remove their brand from the said mogul method. The noise created isn't what the ski area management team wants.

From the perspective of someone in the industry, I can't say that I blame them! Branding is huge, and I can't imagine Sun Valley would want anyone to mistakenly assume the "Sun Valley Mogul Method" is officially affiliated with, or a product of the Sun Valley Resort. All personal opinions aside, even if the method was perfect and the people respectful, it may be an intellectual property rights issue.

patrick@mogulskiing.net
BushMogulMaster
Site Admin

Postby jack97 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:56 pm

BushMogulMaster wrote:
B-Stead wrote:I heard from a ski area industry rep that Sun Valley is actually trying to remove their brand from the said mogul method. The noise created isn't what the ski area management team wants.

From the perspective of someone in the industry, I can't say that I blame them! Branding is huge, and I can't imagine Sun Valley would want anyone to mistakenly assume the "Sun Valley Mogul Method" is officially affiliated with, or a product of the Sun Valley Resort. All personal opinions aside, even if the method was perfect and the people respectful, it may be an intellectual property rights issue.

I respectfully disagree..... well maybe in some cases :)

If a ski area raised a kid from their race or freestyle team and went all the way to WC circuit, they would welcome any affiliation with this athlete. Bretton Woods did that with Bode Miller, even built a house for him close by. I think he comes by every year for a charity event and so on. However, they have to balance this type of crowd to the type of skiers that enjoy the terrain they have to offer.

btw, I don't blame you for deleting the subforum... about time imo.
jack97

Postby BushMogulMaster » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:01 pm

jack97 wrote:
BushMogulMaster wrote:

I respectfully disagree..... well maybe in some cases :)

If a ski area raised a kid from their race or freestyle team and went all the way to WC circuit, they would welcome any affiliation with this athlete.

Yes, if it is approached properly. But in this situation???????????

patrick@mogulskiing.net
BushMogulMaster
Site Admin

Return to Official Business