BUMPAPALOOZA 9 - Starring Brendan Fraser and Vin Diesel

Plan any mogul-related trips, events, or meetups here. Bump skiing is always more fun with other bump skiers!

Moderators: SkiDork, bvibert

Re: BUMPAPALOOZA 9 - Starring Brendan Fraser and Vin Diesel

Postby Henri » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:05 pm

I just bought a ticket. Europe will again be re[pre]sented. Looking forward to trying to keep up. That ain't work--that's the way ya do it--moguls for nothin', chicks for free. More aptly put, "there's nothing you can buy that will help you." (Glen Plake)
Henri

Postby Jeffy » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:23 pm

Henri wrote:I just bought a ticket. Europe will again be re[pre]sented. Looking forward to trying to keep up. That ain't work--that's the way ya do it--moguls for nothin', chicks for free. More aptly put, "there's nothing you can buy that will help you." (Glen Plake)

Great news! Very cool to have you back skiing with the group.
-Jeff
Portland, OR
Jeffy

Postby bendtheski » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:57 am

Just got my schedule prolly through April. Looks like I'll be able to at least make Friday.

Have we gotten a commitment from Old School or Rutland Mike yet? Nothing against the rest of you lot, but I want to be able to hang out with the senior statesmen of the group. (safety in numbers y'know)
Wag more, bark less
bendtheski

Postby Old School » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:12 pm

Tom, we come in the 27th.
Rutland comes in the 28th.
Old School

Postby bigjr » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:57 pm

Hey, guys. 3 friends and I will be there that weekend. We'll hunt you down and ski some runs with you! Always good to ski with other bump addicts.

Jay (and Tom, Jim, Jordan)
sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken
bigjr

Postby SSSdave » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:35 pm

As an old peon Tahoe skier the last time I skied Railbender was before many on this board were born. I've never skied anywhere that has so many great long mogul runs at the gradient range I tend to enjoy most. So pounded the Internet today at work (not very productive today but hey its Monday) looking at transportation, lodging, discount lift tickets and costs today to make the meetup. Difficult to do this solo from the SF Bay Area for less than $1k though there is a California Zephyr Amtrak deal for about $900. But have now interested a friend who lives in Grand Junction so now my costs via airfare to GJT and his Subaru are down to $750 for skiing Thursday, Friday, Saturday including a couple days of walk to slopes lodging. So yeah maybe yet another pair of Twisters will show up? More in about a week.
SSSdave

Postby powhunter » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:28 pm

Will be up Sunday if any of you cats are still around
powhunter

Postby bendtheski » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:32 am

Old School wrote:Tom, we come in the 27th.
Rutland comes in the 28th.

Sweet!
I've only got a single day left on my 4-on-40-pack, but could probably get you/Donna/Mike a free pass for Loveland Sunday/28th if you're interested. I'd need to take the day off, so give me as much notice as you can.
Wag more, bark less
bendtheski

Postby ToddB » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:59 pm

Hey guys,

Taos Todd chiming in. Trying to talk the wife in letting me come up for the Friday. Last year I had a nasty cold and I was sort of out of it. We are having a stellar season around these parts. I'll keep everyone posted.

ToddB
ToddB

Postby ToddB » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:21 am

Hey guys, does anyone know where on line I can get discount lift tickets for Winter Park? I don't have have a lot funds this go around.
ToddB

Postby mjskier » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:37 pm

ToddB wrote:Hey guys, does anyone know where on line I can get discount lift tickets for Winter Park? I don't have have a lot funds this go around.

Shell gas stations (at least in Colorado) give you a 2 for 1 voucher if you buy 10+ gallons.
Of course that means you need to buy a ticket with somebody else the day you go skiing to be able to use it.
Some pass holders might have $80 vouchers left.
Besides that, I think the only way to get a significant discount is to get some sort of package deal with lodging.
mjskier

Postby SSSdave » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:31 pm

Pulled the plug on my potential visit. Was looking promising a month ago but February has just been too droughty and long range forecasts continue to show Colorador, Utah, and the Southwest with below normal precip over the next couple weeks. So not the kind of packed powder conditions I prefer on bumps so not this year. Hope things turn out well for you Colorado folks since meeting up is an easy drive but not enough positives for so much time and money from this person far airfares away.
SSSdave

Postby Old School » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:04 pm

Be at the Jane starting next Saturday the 27th Skiing Sunday,Monday and Tuesday if anyone is around.
Old School

Postby Blake » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:15 pm

It's not looking good for me being able to ski with you guys, just so you know. I am scheduled to work every day except Friday and Saturday right now... and Friday and Saturday are the days when I'm 'most likely' to end up with something scheduled for work.

Someone quit at my work, so I've ended up filling the gap.
Blake

Postby Jeffy » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:02 pm

Blake wrote:It's not looking good for me being able to ski with you guys, just so you know. I am scheduled to work every day except Friday and Saturday right now... and Friday and Saturday are the days when I'm 'most likely' to end up with something scheduled for work.

Someone quit at my work, so I've ended up filling the gap.

Sorry to hear that Blake! Hopefully we see you Friday or Saturday.
-Jeff
Portland, OR
Jeffy

PreviousNext

Return to Trips, Events, Meetups