BUMPAPALOOZA VIII Electric Boogaloo - 2015

Plan any mogul-related trips, events, or meetups here. Bump skiing is always more fun with other bump skiers!

Moderators: SkiDork, bvibert

Re: BUMPAPALOOZA VIII Electric Boogaloo - 2015

Postby B-Stead » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:55 pm

Easy 20-something by my count:

Frank Chiappone
Donna MacDonald
Christine Perkins
Will Caron
Sara Kate Zelle
Young Namkung
Mike Altobell
DWost
B-Stead
Patrick!
Chris F
Vin
Wainwright
Sam
Hallas
BWrest
C-Mo
Jeffy
T Birch
Damon
George
Kim
Dr Mark
Saunders bros
ah who else ...
B-Stead

Postby mcernik » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:35 am

I'm in for sure as well. My flight gets in at like 8:30, should be to WP by 10:30 and plan on skiing that day as well. I'm staying at the Founders Point / Frasers Crossing place..
mcernik

Postby dwost » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:05 pm

Getting pumped, hopefully we luck out as we did last year and get dumped on upon arrival :)
dwost

Postby spetrecky » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:54 pm

dwost wrote:Getting pumped, hopefully we luck out as we did last year and get dumped on upon arrival :)

I am not even sure what to say here....

This will surely be a bumpapalooza to remember
spetrecky

Postby xproskier » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:18 am

So I got the dates, but is there an actual time and place to meet? ...like "next to the rock by the pine tree near the fence at 10am"

And if anyone has sleeping space available, ya might wanna put that out there. Just my .02 cents. There might be a few on a really tight budget. I've been there.
xproskier

Postby spetrecky » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:16 pm

I don't really get involved in the planning of stuff. I like to keep it loose and just go with the flow- but we usually are in the Mary Jane lodge around 8:15 ish. I will personally be sugar and caffine loading- I'll bring extra candy bars.

Aside from that- you can't miss the 30 pairs of twisters that will be on the racks - you'll know that you are at the right spot and we are inside
spetrecky

Postby dwost » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:22 pm

spetrecky wrote:
dwost wrote:Getting pumped, hopefully we luck out as we did last year and get dumped on upon arrival :)

I am not even sure what to say here....

This will surely be a bumpapalooza to remember.

And so it begins! lol
dwost

Postby coloradomogulskier » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:59 pm

YOU GUYS ARE SO F'ed THIS YEAR!!!!!!!

Young, Sara, Blair, Micaela, and myself had a pre Bumpapalooza ski party last weekend. The snow is great, but somehow these little legal gummy bears popped out at dinner and we lost it. I got the best laughing work out of my life and it was my very 1st time. A little late but it's a start. HAHAHA!

If that is the set up, the Moose Lodge might have it's roof blown off from all the windbaggage that I predict could happen.
coloradomogulskier

Postby Yoranium238 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:38 pm

spetrecky wrote:I don't really get involved in the planning of stuff. I like to keep it loose and just go with the flow- but we usually are in the Mary Jane lodge around 8:15 ish. I will personally be sugar and caffine loading- I'll bring extra candy bars.

Aside from that- you can't miss the 30 pairs of twisters that will be on the racks - you'll know that you are at the right spot and we are inside

Sammy...you bring the Charleston Chews.
-- Chris from OH
Yoranium238

Postby xproskier » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:05 am

Sounds like this is gonna be a rage (of age)! LoL

To all coming from out-of-state, WP is finally getting the fluff. 5” new today with approx 2” each day all last week. Every single day from this point forward promises 2”-4” per day! Your timing couldn't be better. Stoked yet??

Weather report: Snow! Here’s a link created by skiers-turned-meteorologists rather than the other way around: http://opensnow.com/state/CO It’s been pretty accurate over the past two months. Worth a look.

Terrain report: Stay away from the Winter Park side. Nothing there but groomers, tourists, boarders, pipers, retards and the Comp Mogul course on Ambush which you can’t ski anyway! Longer lift lines too. Aside from the meeting point, Mary Jane is where the real action is. Average lift wait is <:02 min. Damn! Now, if you want to explore, then the back side (far left) of the Jane is pretty good skiing. Fewer bumps, except for Trestle which is just rockin.’ Up higher is Parsenn Bowl. Epic glade skiing. Nothing like it after 11” new. Up higher still is The Cirque. Winter Park’s version of Squaw Valley. Cornices, rocks, cliffs, steeps and a few narrow chutes; plus wind.

Bump report: Mary Jane has three basic blues for “buckles loose” warm-up turns; Sleeper, Lower Arrowhead Loop and Mary Jane Trail. Then it’s into small, tight, consistent fall lines, so look for Riflesight Notch and Rainbow Cut. And definitely Narrow Guage-to-Upper Mary Jane Trail-to-Gandy Dancer – in that order. Gandy Dancer is phenomenal - always, so that’s a must ride. Ready for the big leagues? Phantom Bridge, Railbender and Derailer – all amazing. Sterling Way absolutely rippin’ with a 600’ consistent, big-but-soft zipper that will make you puke your cardio. Drunken Frenchmen huge and ready to make you look like a fool. And then you cannot miss my favorite; Golden Spike, or “Spike.” Straight, steep, big, soft, tight and really consistent lines, with a catwalk at the bottom for launching a missile. The closest run at Mary Jane resembling a pro-style course with pitch.

Hope this helps...
xproskier

Postby Jeffy » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:11 pm

Don't forget about MoFo - More For Your Money. Sterling to mid-Spike to bottom of Gandy to Rainbow Cut... Repeat and then hit the Club Car. :)

Or the easier Bumpaplooza which is mid-Arrowhead Loop to bottom of Spike to bottom of Gandy or otherwise known as The Seastead.
-Jeff
Portland, OR
Jeffy

Postby B-Stead » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:34 pm

I resemble that remark !

But maybe not for 2015, we'll see how I do.
B-Stead

Postby Chris Moore » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:33 am

xproskier wrote:So I got the dates, but is there an actual time and place to meet? ...like "next to the rock by the pine tree near the fence at 10am"

Basically in the lodge around 8:30 or 9:00am or at the Super Gauge lift shortly after that. Any time of the day just hang out for a bit at the Super Gauge and we'll be cycling through. We don't ever ride anything but that lift. As someone else mentioned just look for the crowd of people on Twisters.

-Chris
Chris Moore
Site Admin

Postby xproskier » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:53 pm

Sounds like a perfect plan.

Twisters huh? Well, if you see a pair of F17's or Solomon 1080mogul's in the rack, come inside the Club Car and get me. I'm the one lying face down across the bar, bottle still in-hand, weeds stuck in my hair, with one boot on. Don't even ask why.
xproskier

Postby spetrecky » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:06 am

spetrecky

PreviousNext

Return to Trips, Events, Meetups