Who's skiing WP this year?

Plan any mogul-related trips, events, or meetups here. Bump skiing is always more fun with other bump skiers!

Moderators: SkiDork, bvibert

Who's skiing WP this year?

Postby bendtheski » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:58 pm

I'm pulling the trigger on a Rocky Mountain Super Pass on Monday. This is in addition to the Loveland pass I bought last spring.
My ski days will prolly be Sun-Tues through February, and who knows after that?

Who am I skiing with?
Wag more, bark less
bendtheski

Re: Who's skiing WP this year?

Postby Old School » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:19 pm

Me in March. Two old suckers.
Old School

Postby bendtheski » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:50 pm

I knew I could count on you Frank!

More EC talent flooding the CO market...
Wag more, bark less
bendtheski

Postby rondo320 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:06 pm

Just added WP to my Copper pass so I will be doing some MJ this winter. It will be interesting to ski with you youngsters.
rondo320

Postby bendtheski » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:05 am

I don't know about youngster, but I'll ski with you Rondo! You gonna be skiing any weekdays?
Wag more, bark less
bendtheski

Postby rondo320 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:15 pm

Everybody's younger than me. Sad but true.
I probably should take the jet stix out of my Lange Flo's and upgrade my pair of 205 "The Ski" before I head up. That whole knee roll thing is foreign to me and seems to be so much more work than simply angulating the hips. I really like that counter-rotation too. Hopefully, I won't slow you down too much.
I shoot for working weekends when I bid my schedule so weekdays work fine.
Yesterday, Copper wasn't very good and not even up to last year's standards because the upper mountain and the Excelerator lift were closed to the public for racing. They have the Super Bee and the terrain under it closed for racing too. It would be nice if Copper had at least Ptarmigan open to us non-racers but that doesn't look like it's going to happen. What's left is good for flatland exercise but that's it. This weekend's snowstorm may improve things. Let's hope.
rondo320

Postby bendtheski » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:26 pm

^Jet sticks, Haaaaa! I had those until they caused the backs of whatever crap boot I was in to fold, then I got Hansons!

I'll prolly be out Mon and Tues. I could meet you at Copper for some flat terrain drills. PM me if you're down; I'll check back and we'll figure out a time/place.
Wag more, bark less
bendtheski

Postby rondo320 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:11 pm

There were bumps on Ptarmigan at Copper today (Monday the 12th of November). No rocks and some good lines. Ptarmigan just opened to the public yesterday. Unfortunately, I hear the bumps will be mowed down tonight.
Winter Park is scheduled to open on Wednesday.
Bendtheski, did you get my PM?
rondo320

Postby bendtheski » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:47 am

Rondo, I dropped the ball and didn't check my PM's after sometime Saturday morning. I sent you my cell number so hopefully we can meet up at Copper next Mon or Tues.

I got so bored skiing the flats at LL yesterday that I started taking air on Richard's knoll. Nice to know my single twister hasn't suffered too much from knee surgery...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW01JQdwkSY
Wag more, bark less
bendtheski

Postby rondo320 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:57 am

As predicted, Copper got rid of all bumps on Ptarmigan. As of Tuesday the 13th, Copper is all flat without a bump in sight. Definitely a let down from Monday and not worth the gas to get here. Anybody have a report on WPs opening day?
rondo320

Postby bendtheski » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:27 pm

Update;

As of Tuesday, Nov. 28th Copper is still flat, WP is open and flat, and Loveland is riddled with zipper-lines!

Just kidding, Loveland is flat too... My knee is loving this!
Wag more, bark less
bendtheski

Postby rondo320 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:28 pm

This is one of the worst starts to a ski season that I can remember. Maybe '76-'77 was worse because they didn't have much snow making back then.
As of today, November 30th, Copper is still all flat. The racers are loving it. I'm beginning to hate racers.
It doesn't appear that much of the weather hitting the west coast will make it to Colorado until the blocking high pressure system moves east or south but that isn't forecasted for the near future.
For now,the closest thing you'll get to bump skiing in Colorado is watching old videos.
rondo320

Postby rondo320 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:37 pm

Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Still not one mogul in sight at Copper. It's a racer's paradise with nothing but slightly icy groomed. I hear the other Colorado areas aren't any better and some are a lot worse.
Snow showers are predicted for the next four days. Hope something develops soon.
rondo320

Postby bendtheski » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:39 pm

Plenty of bumps at the Jane this weekend, but no rhythm, thin cover, and plenty firm.

The first clip is actually Loveland, but you get the idea...
Wag more, bark less
bendtheski

Return to Trips, Events, Meetups