Sundown Bump or Bust - 3/17/12

Plan any mogul-related trips, events, or meetups here. Bump skiing is always more fun with other bump skiers!

Moderators: SkiDork, bvibert

Sundown Bump or Bust - 3/17/12

Postby bvibert » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:43 am

The Sundown bump comp is coming up soon!

Copied from AZ.com:
Suburban Sports / Mogulproshop.com have hooked it up yet again with over $3,000 in product prizes including Skis for 1st place in Mens, Womens and Under 18 category.

We've added a snowboard category with a winner takes all prize pack and NEW THIS YEAR a consolation round.

Consolation round goes as follows. Once the MENS Category has been widled down to 16, the "losers" will be allowed to take another qualifier run and we will determine the top 8 "losers" to form another head to head, sudden death bracket to determine the "king of the losers" Details shortly....

the premise of this is to keep more of you guys skiing and enjoying Gunny bumps longer through the day.

Prizes - an exact list will be determined shortly, but you should know that the top 5 in MENS, top 5 in Womens and top 5 in under 18 will recieve sweet product. The snowboarders will compete for a winner takes all prize pack and the Consolation round folks will also be competing for prizes.

Details soon. We were just developing the format of the consolation round and wanted to get the word out now. dont let years past scare you off from this great day. this event is for everyone. We're more stoked than ever and look forward to another great event with Mogulproshop.com / Suburban Sports. THnaks!

The Gunny bumps are seeded, just need to be skied in. I'll be taking a couple of afternoons off this week and next . So stoked for Gunny spring bumps!
Brian
bvibert

Re: Sundown Bump or Bust - 3/17/12

Postby B-Stead » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:47 pm

Pictures please
B-Stead

Postby bvibert » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:30 am

If I make out today I'll remember to take some pics. It's going to be close to 70 here today. It was ridiculously soft yesterday, today is going to be nuts...

Here's a pic from Tuesday morning, right after they were first seeded:

They were just little bumplets then, but by the time I left yesterday they were starting to get to legit bump status. By the end of today I expect there to be some good lines.
Brian
bvibert

Postby bendtheski » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:32 am

Results anyone?
...Bueller?
Wag more, bark less
bendtheski

Postby Chris Moore » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:00 am

I was there yesterday. Got pics, results, etc. Working on writing it all up in what will be MOGULSKIING.NET's first feature article. Hope to have it up by tonight. Stay tuned.

Meanwhile here's a teaser shot of John Lanka, the U18 category winner (and son of forum moderator "Ski Dork"), floating a beautiful 360 off the second air:

JLankaHeli.jpg
JLankaHeli.jpg (158.2 KiB) Viewed 1871 times

-Chris
Chris Moore
Site Admin

Postby Chris Moore » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:23 am

Chris Moore
Site Admin

Postby Cricket » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:16 am

Nice job on that.
Cricket

Postby bvibert » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:46 am

Nice writeup! It was good to meet you Chris!

It turned out to be an awesome day, and a lot of fun!

I took just one picture, well after the comp was over. I was one of the last 3 people to make a run down through the bumps for the season, and this is from the top of that run:

Gunny Bliss by Brian Vibert, on Flickr
Brian
bvibert

Postby SkiDork » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:52 am

those are some nice lookin bumps!
SkiDork

Postby thedisemboweler » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:28 am

bvibert wrote:Nice writeup! It was good to meet you Chris!

It turned out to be an awesome day, and a lot of fun!

I took just one picture, well after the comp was over. I was one of the last 3 people to make a run down through the bumps for the season, and this is from the top of that run:

Gunny Bliss by Brian Vibert, on Flickr

I made the last run before the chair closed....Hey Brian, next time I see u we need to have a discussion, son!!
thedisemboweler

Return to Trips, Events, Meetups