Anyone going to be skiing 7-Springs this year?

Plan any mogul-related trips, events, or meetups here. Bump skiing is always more fun with other bump skiers!

Moderators: SkiDork, bvibert

Anyone going to be skiing 7-Springs this year?

Postby STRETCHx » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:24 am

Hi everyone! First time here and the site is great! My name is Brad and I currently reside close to the Virginia Beach VA area. I try to ski about once a week or so and love bumps. My only problem is that not many people around here are serious about skiing and not willing/able to put in the effort to ski being a good distance from any resorts. I have a few friends that go but it seems to be more often than not that they dont go these days. Just looking to meet a few "bumpheads" to ski with when I'm flying solo. I ski the VA resorts but try to hit 7-Springs in PA as much as possible since they usually have some nice bump runs. Several times every winter I head out to my parents house in Colorado which is just over an hour from the Summit Co scene and may be looking for someone or a few to ski with out there too. Please let me know if you're interested and thanks.
STRETCHx

Re: Anyone going to be skiing 7-Springs this year?

Postby PomfretPlunge » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:38 pm

Hiya Stretch. We have a mogul gang that skis a lot at Liberty/Roundtop/Whitetail. Do you make it up to those places? Some of us also make it over to 7 Springs usually near the end of the season since it stays open longer.

Here's Blanton's vid of some of the gang at 7 Springs a couple of years ago.

http://vimeo.com/10368037
PomfretPlunge

Postby STRETCHx » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:59 pm

I've never skied any of those resorts but believe they aren't any further than 7-Springs. How do their bump runs compare to 7's?I definitely wouldn't mind trying somewhere new.
Thank you
Stretchx
STRETCHx

Postby Yoranium238 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:56 am

Hey stretch...7 Springs is my home mtn. They have great bumps. I try to get out every weekend...as much as the wife will allow. It's a great place to hone your skills.

Btw...you should check out the annual trek to Mary Jane for Bumpapalooza. Happens in late Feb. Great people and a great time.

Hope to see you on the hill.
-- Chris from OH
Yoranium238

Postby STRETCHx » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:38 am

Yeah 7-Springs has great bump runs and I usually get up there several times a season. My nearest resort has bumps only on occasion and when they do they're usually very irregular and it's hard to get a tight line. 7-S is a 5 hour and 45 min ride but I'll do whatever it takes. Snowshoe WV is an hour closer but their bumps don't compare and lift tickets are overpriced.
When out west I've never made it to Mary Jane but may this year. My parents live close to Summit Co and I usually ski Copper Mtn and sometimes Vail,Breck,Keystone and A-Basin. Maybe I'll see you at 7-Springs this year. I usually try to go on weekdays but maybe a few Sundays as well.
STRETCHx

Postby pac » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:51 pm

StretchX the springs is my home hill so I should be there most of the time ... if you don't mind skiing the bumps with a TOG member (Team Old Guy) on Teles. Can also intro you to the cast of characters too... a pretty friendly crowd!

The last few seasons I've been spending time supporting the local ski team...making the zipper lines for the bumpers so there is usually a line some where on the hill. Even if the club is off traveling for competion. In the past the mtn has been super supportive of moguls and we hope that histroy continues.

NOTE: There was plans afoot to have a USSA "A" mogul event there this year along with the "B" but right now both of they are in limbo (waiting for senior mtn mgt direction). Hopefully if the "A" is scheduled we can get some folks to show... hint! :-) PM me for details as to how you can help out making it happen!

Another little video from end of season to the mind right.... http://vimeo.com/21325506
pac

Postby STRETCHx » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:52 pm

Thank you and hope to see you there! Also thank you for the video clip I enjoyed it!
STRETCHx

Postby pac » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:40 pm

Looking forward to it! 10" by end of day... someone already bagged Goose Bumps! :-)
pac

Postby wyobumps » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:44 pm

Stretchx: this is also my home hill now... I'm here every weekend and atleast twice a week. PM me when your going would be glad to run always looking for fellow bumpers!
wyobumps

Postby thedisemboweler » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:59 am

STRETCHx wrote:Hi everyone! First time here and the site is great! My name is Brad and I currently reside close to the Virginia Beach VA area. I try to ski about once a week or so and love bumps. My only problem is that not many people around here are serious about skiing and not willing/able to put in the effort to ski being a good distance from any resorts. I have a few friends that go but it seems to be more often than not that they dont go these days. Just looking to meet a few "bumpheads" to ski with when I'm flying solo. I ski the VA resorts but try to hit 7-Springs in PA as much as possible since they usually have some nice bump runs. Several times every winter I head out to my parents house in Colorado which is just over an hour from the Summit Co scene and may be looking for someone or a few to ski with out there too. Please let me know if you're interested and thanks.

where is the Pittsburgh crew that came every year for the mogul comp? i went to college near seven springs didn't ski back then....those doods can kick ass!!
thedisemboweler

Return to Trips, Events, Meetups