video help

Share your mogul skiing technique and tips here, and ask your questions about mogul skiing here.

Moderators: SkiDork, bvibert

video help

Postby mitch236 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:16 am

Ok, not really a question about skiing but I need to get video of my skiing to analyze. I have a GoPro and am trying to decide how to use it. My options are:

-Ski pole mount. Not really a good choice because I need my poles as part of my technique.
-Helmet mount. Again not really good because I want to see my body interacting with the moguls.
-A helmet "GoPole" which projects the camera out away from the top of the helmet. This looks really cool but the reviews say it's hard to keep in place and I'm concerned about safety when I crash!!
-Setting the GoPro up on the hill in advance of my runs and use the remote control to start the recording. This may be the best option but I'm concerned about theft while I'm on the lift.
-The best option is to have a friend record me but as I ski with my family and nobody else can even attempt to ski a mogul run, that's not a real option.

I'm sure somebody has experience trying what I'm attempting. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! TIA!!
mitch236

Re: video help

Postby mitch236 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:19 am

71gE1VXFZDL._SL1500_.jpg
71gE1VXFZDL._SL1500_.jpg (13.71 KiB) Viewed 285 times
This is the helmet attachment. Looks like it could work.
mitch236

Return to Technique and Tips