Stephen Fearing...

Share your mogul skiing technique and tips here, and ask your questions about mogul skiing here.

Moderators: SkiDork, bvibert

Stephen Fearing...

Postby skyline » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:31 pm

It's not Janne but the instructional vids are really good. Fearing has coached the Canadian, Korean, Australian and the Russian(Sochi) teams knows his stuff and how to articulate the how's and why's. The best part is "It's free"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azPaZQHy9-w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2qxVdtT4MI
It's not that you can't ski moguls... it's that you can't ski and moguls prove it...
skyline

Re: Stephen Fearing...

Postby skinnyskis » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:24 am

In Summary:

1) Develop/Refine, Basic/Neutral Position - Always
2) Spend 2006 Skiing Flats - Back to basics for Canada’s National Team
3) Two medals in Vancouver - Success
4) Four medals in Sochi - Legacy

skyline wrote:It's not Janne

How Canadian of you to be so apologetic as you repost a large portion of the CFSA playbook:) I didn't even know this video existed, it was 2008 (a long time ago) when I was shown Fearing’s cross fall line drills, this is powerful stuff. After watching both parts (with the sound cranked for part one) my opinion is this is the best instructional mogul skiing video ever made (Fearing's explanation of neutral position is nothing short of masterful).
Skiing with good posture since 2008 - thanks MS.net
skinnyskis

Re: Stephen Fearing...

Postby skyline » Tue May 05, 2015 12:12 am

[quote="skinnyskis"] (Fearing's explanation of neutral position is nothing short of masterful)

I've been nursing an age related left hip thing which has caused my skiing to falter substantially this year. It's been bumming me out. Went up on Sunday and skied only the flats and worked on early lead change, the downhill ski, and staying in a neutral position. It was the best I felt all year. Hardly noticed the hip and felt much more balanced overall.
So, yes, Fearing's video certainly helped.
BTW Whistler Peak Chair was in great shape till about 2:30pm. Nice bump runs to the right of Saddle.
It's not that you can't ski moguls... it's that you can't ski and moguls prove it...
skyline

Return to Technique and Tips