Tips on skis, bindings, boots and mounting

Share your mogul skiing technique and tips here, and ask your questions about mogul skiing here.

Moderators: SkiDork, bvibert

Tips on skis, bindings, boots and mounting

Postby Daviddi » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:21 pm

Hi! I,ve been skiiing since I was very little and almost for 25 years now, I love mogul skiing more than anything else, since I only ski about 20 to 40 days per season I had never bought skis, but this past summer I took a pretty awesome mogul camp at whistler and I decided to buy some new skis so I bought the volkl walls for moguls ´15, cause i tried some Id ones and they felt pretty weird on the flats, since Im used to a more wider ski. I would like to know your opinion on this skis, are they suitable for a good mogul skier and will they feel comfortable also in flats or groomed runs. I also bought the look pivot 14 bindings and some full tilt drop kicks, what are your opinion on these as well. does anyone know a good shop to mount them at vail? someone that knows about mogul skiing, cause from my experience not many know very well and almost nobody carries mogul skis.
thank You!!
Daviddi

Re: Tips on skis, bindings, boots and mounting

Postby coloradomogulskier » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:57 pm

Alpine Base and Edge in Boulder is the best.
coloradomogulskier

Postby Shockenau » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:09 pm

Daviddi

I'm glad you decided to join a rare group of dudes who still own mogul first skis. Concerning your Vokle Wall ski they are definitely suitable for a good mogul skier, I'm not entirely sure about the Volke wall line up but I have seen multiple world cup bump skiers on the bright orange one. I think most importantly is that you like them and feel good on them. Last year at Bumpapalooza there was a skier on those too; by the way you should come this year, go look at the forum meet ups Bumpapalooza 2015 thread for details. Looks like to me you made a great choice on bindings and boots too. I've never skied any full tilts but most people love them, I've encountered a few that dislike them, but again if you feel comfortable and you can rip nothing else matters.
See any good lines?
Shockenau

Postby spetrecky » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:23 pm

dude...that is a ton of wasted loot on renting. Kudos on the full tilts.
spetrecky

Postby chrisar82 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:27 am

Bindings and boots are spot on. That's the best you can get for this sport. Honestly can't believe you just started buying your own equipment! holy shit lol
chrisar82

Return to Technique and Tips