Place to mount bindings in Colorado?

Share your mogul skiing technique and tips here, and ask your questions about mogul skiing here.

Moderators: SkiDork, bvibert

Place to mount bindings in Colorado?

Postby hansdude » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:38 pm

Hello all, love the site. Moguls skiing is one of my favorite disciplines and I really want to get more into it next year.

Since there's a sale I picked up some F17 WC's + Look Pivots. Anybody have a good recommendation for where to get them mounted? I live in Boulder Colorado and ski in Summit and Eagle Counties (Epic pass).

I saw the thread about people's mounting preferences and figured it would be good to find a shop that can understand and execute "ball of foot center". I've also read that Look bindings can be kind of fiddly to get right so I'd prefer to get them mounted by someone knowledgeable. Resort towns tend to get a lot of inexperienced seasonal staff that doesn't really care.

Obviously this isn't urgent and I know that lots of shops are closed right now. That's the thing with buying equipment in early summer though: "Sweet, a good deal! ... but I have to wait till winter."
hansdude

Re: Place to mount bindings in Colorado?

Postby bendtheski » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:04 am

I've had good luck with Foothills ski & bike in Genesee, and the shop at Loveland. Either can mount looks properly IME.
Christy Sports in Dillon botched one mount of mine, and I haven't been willing to trust them with another. Shop at Loveland (basin) does good work, and quick turn-around.
Wag more, bark less
bendtheski

Postby rondo320 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:26 am

Does anybody know if Foothills Ski and Bike is still in business?
I read that the owner, John Rathbone, died Cat skiing at Monarch a year ago on March 13, 2014.
rondo320

Postby coloradomogulskier » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:12 am

I have had work done on my skis by John, he did a great job. Not sure what is going on there now.

Alpine Base and Edge in Boulder is the best on the front range. Expensive but the work is perfect
coloradomogulskier

Postby Blanton » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:03 pm

Make sure to have them check and make sure the bases have been ground flat. Mine and a friends were nicely textured but far from flat.
Blanton

Return to Technique and Tips