Late season training A-Basin

Share your mogul skiing technique and tips here, and ask your questions about mogul skiing here.

Moderators: SkiDork, bvibert

Late season training A-Basin

Postby skiii » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:39 pm

In past years I've seen some groups out in late April. Anyone know of a clinic in the Basin or Loveland?
skiii

Re: Late season training A-Basin

Postby spetrecky » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:45 pm

What kinda of clinic you looking for? What trimester are you in?
spetrecky

Postby skiii » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:34 pm

I'm looking for a mogul skiing website. Adult moguls.
skiii

Postby rondo320 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:57 pm

John Dowling (formerly of Team Breckenridge and now of Ski and Snowboard Club Vail) has run a mogul camp at A-Basin each spring. Adults were allowed to participate. Two years ago, I attended three days of the camp. My coaches were John, Patrick Deneen and Jeremy Cota. Last year when it was affiliated with SSCV, I couldn't get any information on the camp until about two weeks before the start. A search of websites shows no adult mogul camps available this spring at A-Basin.
Your best bet is to take the clinic at Ski Cooper (not Copper) this Saturday. The info for this clinic is on this forum.
The way A-Basin is run now, you'll be lucky to see a mogul there let alone participate in a mogul camp.
rondo320

Postby rondo320 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:34 pm

I spoke too soon.

According to a friend at SSCV:
SSCV will hold a mogul camp at A-Basin May 3-11.
Two four day sessions.
$600 for all eight days or $300 per four day session. If you're a member of SSCV it's a lot less.
There's no registration yet but keep the dates open if you're interested.

When I participated, the adults were in their 30's through 50's except for me (now 64).
As far as skill level goes all of the adults were competent mogul skiers but not up to the level of the norm at Bumpapalooza. So no intimidation except that when you're skiing down the course, there might be a 17-year-old, pre-olympian in the next lane. Just don't let them pass you.
rondo320

Postby skiii » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:14 pm

Thanks that's the one! I can do the first half.
skiii

Return to Technique and Tips