Z12-14 Speed & Marker Schizo

Share your mogul skiing technique and tips here, and ask your questions about mogul skiing here.

Moderators: SkiDork, bvibert

Z12-14 Speed & Marker Schizo

Postby jack97 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:30 pm

Been seeing a lot questions about binding mounting positions. I think the twister and hart mounts are pretty much set but for other skis it may need some experimentation.

Vid below is the z12 speed, an adjustable binding. Not sure how how durable the z12 are in general let alone the speed version but it should be a light weight version of any demo binding. Marker Jester are the lightest bindings presently and they have a Schizo option which is adjustable. And yes, I've have markers pre release on me in the bumps several times but the Jesters claim to have more absorption and elasticity than the older models.

jack97

Re: Z12-14 Speed & Marker Schizo

Postby Blanton » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:02 pm

I don't think that's a good idea. The demo that the dude showed you is exactly what will happen during anything but purely recreational flat skiing.

That shop sucks. They sold my buddy a pair of mogul skis and told him they would throw in 14 din Looks for a reasonable amount. They sent him demo bindings of course. He used them for an afternoon and returned both skis and bindings because they were garbage.
Blanton

Re: Z12-14 Speed & Marker Schizo

Postby jack97 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:39 pm

cool, good to know the setup blows. Prolly will not try the schizo setup, price is not worth having that adjustment.

thanks.
jack97

Return to Technique and Tips