Binding Mount Position for Hart F17 WC Mogul

Share your mogul skiing technique and tips here, and ask your questions about mogul skiing here.

Moderators: SkiDork, bvibert

Re: Binding Mount Position for Hart F17 WC Mogul

Postby rondo320 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:56 pm

Wow! Measured my Classics and WCs and the Classics are mounted 2 1/2 cms aft of the recommendation and the WCs are 2 cms aft of the recommendation. I wish I had done my homework like you did before the holes were drilled. Since the classics are three years old, I won't mess with them but I might remount the WCs. It will be interesting to see if their is a difference.
rondo320

Postby fogman » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:39 pm

Binding Mounting Information
(Information as of Jan. 22, 2012)
Hart will not be responsible for damage done by improper mounting.
Ski Length Mounting

F17 WC
167 74.3cm from the tail
175 77.5cm from the tail

F17 Classic
137 62.0cm from the tail
147 66.0cm from the tail
157 70.1cm from the tail
167 74.3cm from the tail
175 77.5cm from the tail
180 78.2cm from the tail
184 80.7cm from the tail

WARNING: The following recommended boot center marks for placement of bindings on Hart Skis
are provided as general guidance only and not specific recommendations. Any FINAL mounting
position for a skier’s boot center should be decided by the skier after consultation with his certified
installer and any recommendations of the boot and binding manufacturer. Factors that should be
considered before mounting bindings should focus at a minimum on the nature of how the skis will
typically be used, the body profile of the skier, the skier's ability and other specific recommendations
of the certified installer.
F17's: are being mounted any where from 2-5cm forward of the factory mark and the
athletes seem to know what they want. This is a personal preference
fogman

Postby brptrailrider » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:16 am

Yes, this is an old thread... but it doesn't' make sense to make a new one.

Just received my '13/'14 Hart F17 Classics 180 cm in the mail and was unsure of the mounting point. Sent a message in the middle of the night to Hart through their website and received a call at 8:06 am from Johann Furr. Awesome customer service! He asked lots of questions and explained the variations between styles and then made a recommendation.

Using the Standard European Mounting Point - the official Hart recommended mounting point is 78.2 cm from tail is the boot center. Just like in the previous post. However, 0.5 cm to 3.0 cm forward is what most teams run. Some run as far as 6.0 forward of the official recommended boot center. He personally runs them 0.5 cm forward.

My understanding of his comments were that the more on center you intentionally hit the mogul the further forward the mounting point should be. Also, if you plant your pole just before or close to the top of the mogul it should be closer to the recommended mounting point and if you plant past the top of the mogul then further forward mounting is the way to go. How much? its hard to say.

Final recommendation for me (and generally for anyone who doesn't know what they don't know) was boot center at 79 cm from tail for 180 cm 2013/2014 Hart F17 Classic.

He also said the Dynastar Twister (which I've run in the past and is my reference point, and snapped in half) is very similar in feel and performance to the F17 World Cup but the F17 is way-way more durable. Apparently that was their goal.

I still cannot find the divot in the top sheet meant to mark the recommended mounting point. Literally been over it with a magnifying glass. Also, there is no serial number on these skis. I asked and he said they are hand made and not numbered.
brptrailrider

Postby Chris Moore » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:52 am

Just to confirm. I have both Twisters and F17s in stock at the moment for the MS.N store.

Taking one pair of each in the 175cm length and leaning them up against the wall next to each other I can tell you they are essentially the exact same length physically. I can also tell you that the (almost impossible to find) center mark on the F17 is exactly 2 centimeters behind the center mark on the Twister.

Most who ski the Twister consider the standard mount just right. Personally, if I mount up a pair of F17s I will simply copy the mounting position of the Twister. But I'm not going to get any more technical about it than that.

-Chris
Chris Moore
Site Admin

Postby skinnyskis » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:36 am

....and when manufacturers started placing mid-sole marks on skis and boots, it was to eliminate confusion? :roll:

locating BOF at CRS (ball of foot at centre of running surface) in my experience is going to be extremely close to if not the optimal mounting point for a particular ski. I've played around with mounting points a lot and have found my twisters work best +1cm and Volkl dragonslayers work best +3.5cm. I have smaller feet but if they were larger, I suspect the twisters would be spot on, mounted on the factory markings (seemingly a rarity).
Skiing with good posture since 2008 - thanks MS.net
skinnyskis

Postby skiii » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:23 pm

[quote="brptrailrider"] Sent a message in the middle of the night to Hart through their website and received a call at 8:06 am from Johann Furr. Awesome customer service!

Yeah but he's only the owner and CEO...
Great company, great mogul skis.
skiii

Previous

Return to Technique and Tips